depreciation alternatives...

bjewell

Registered
Out the door with a service contract, my '07 Busa tallied about $13.5K. I could get -- what? -- maybe $7,000 for it today -- it's clean with 6,000 miles on the OD.

I could do that, or I could pay the whole thing off, meaning I bought a really clean slightly used '07 Busa for seven large.

Which way would you go? Sell asap and accept the massive depreciation, or pay it off? I ask because I see a Street Glide coming my way at some point later this year. The two bikes compliment each other in terms of function, but that would be a garage full and I am not a rich guy at 65.

Any thoughts, advice appreciated!

Tq
Sacramento

Keep the busa and get the glide. My bikes have the garage and the cars stay out

Busa 345.jpg

Busa 346.jpg

I had a 07 Busa and an 07 street glide once upon a time. If you can keep both that is the best option because the street glide is great for the long haul but you'll miss the power and brakes of the busa eventually.

I would probably pay off the 07. I have two payments left on my 09 and then I'm bike shopping again. :beerchug:

I think the major reason your bike is worth less, is simply because people could go grab a '08-09 Busa, w/ a 1340 motor in it and all the newer bells and whistles for $8k easily. If you enjoy the bike and think you're gonna continue to put it to good use, keep it. Good luck either way! :beerchug:

pay it off and finance the street glide if u can....to have 2 saddles in the garage makes for a great cup of coffee, while u decide which one will get loving that day...

I have both myself. An 06' Street glide with a 95 ci motor and an stock 06' busa that will eventually get a stage 1 turbo. love to take long trips on the street glide. last one was to key west and back. love riding the busa around town and back and forth to work....
best of both worlds. want to take the busa to the Texas mile and break 200. If you can afford both.....:thumbsup:

it's only a loss if...."you sell"

5 years ago i bought my beloved '03 silver/gray "Oren Ishii" w/ 1,640 miles for $8K even and ride her everyday..and cause i only live 7.8 miles from the machine shop i work in?...she's still at just under 18K on the odo...and i still get a kick out of it when folks freak out when i pop my shoei x11 off my almost 52 year old head and they'er not expecting it...cause i'm riding a "kids bike" ?...:rofl:

in these days and times with all the new nazi like laws/regs being put in place?..i consider myself fortunate to have a beast like my Gen1 garaged...if i wanna cruise?..i'll soup up a caddy and do it in style...with AC...LOL!....but if i'm on two wheels?..i want PERFORMANCE....all aspects of it.

you'll be able to buy street glides till willy g dies and the cows come home and with todays economy?...i think you'll be seeing lots of'em for sale here shortly..droves of'em...but if big brother ever decides to do the jap bikes like they did toyota and the likes here recently?..the day may come that busa's may not be so easily replaced..jmho & l8r, Bill. :cool:

Yeah 65 on October this year, so I'm fudging a bit. Mosat people plave me early 50s but my knees know.

I'll keep the Busa. I have a real attachment to Big Red and he's plenty fast for me.

Thanks!

Tq

Wow, at 60 I feel like a youngster!:thumbsup: I have a cruiser and a busa, but after a couple of hours, I'm ready to get off of the cruiser because it kills my back. I can stay on the busa all day long!:thumbsup:

i also vote for keeping the Busa and getting a Street Glide if finances will allow. or maybe a Road King Classic :)

I would have to agree with most everyone above. They are 2 totally different bikes with 2 totally different purposes. If there is anyway you can have both.........DO IT.

I sold the Busa 2 years ago, I now have an 08 Street Glide, and though I love the bike, i really do miss the busa.............to the point I really have an itching for a sportbike again this year. Now I look back and think of the money I could of saved if I just would of kept it.....

Then
IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Now
DSC02435.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Busa's depreciate rather quickly right after rolling them off the showroom floor. Got my first 05 used in 06 w/6K miles for 7,500 and got my second 05 in 09 w/2K miles for 6,500. Shoot I think KentoMoto got his 08 in 09 w/2K miles for 6,000, wished I'd have seen that one first.

Busa's depreciate to much to me that s a blessing, you can find a deal on one (God forbid something happened to the one you own).. or They are not worth selling just add to the garage Busa's are not worth selling :laugh:

Just checked my last post and the spelling sucks -- I wrote it without my glasses on... :- 0

But I cannot for the life of me find the "edit" button. I'm logged in, so what's up with that?? and thanks again for the great advice.

Tq
Sacramento

Back