Help! touring a Busa tips...

Mr B, you don't actually ride that poor Busa in public with that tailbag hanging off the back up in the air like that do you?
rock.gif
rofl.gif
dunno.gif

IMG002Small.jpg

IMG011Small.jpg

IMG010Small-1.jpg

when you need both seats, yep... riding solo it is like hang on martha, getting on the freeway and the front tire should be touching down by noon or so...
laugh.gif

Yep, looks like you got the basics covered...
1. Foot peg mod, handle bar risers (heli-bar, gen-mar, or reaper risers)
2. throttle meister or the likes
3. good seat or cover paired up with some biker shorts (Corbin, Tobin, Gel)
4. GPS or Tank bag with map holder
5. Stem stand for the GPS/Radar/MP3, what ever floats your boat
6. Tank bag/saddle bags, or Ventura Luggage rack
7. Rain gear, surgical gloves and water proof boots.
8. Windex wipes or a small bottle of your favorite visor cleaner/towel.
9. tire plug kit just in case
10. Spare key to bike
11. Duct tape, Ibuprofen, cell phone, paper atlas, camera
12. List of Suzuki/MC shops nearest your destinations just in case!

not much "cheap" stuff that really works IME..

Bar risers (DR1300R) are not bad and help a ton
Corbin Seat/s (not cheap at all $175-$600)
Almost any tank bag (not bad at all)
Venture rack ($200-$250)
Buell pegs ($35 DIY)
HeliBars ($150?)

Seat and pegs are the items I found to be the best investments and then my cruise control
what are the DR1300R risers?
DR1300R is a member here that whips out the bar risers for members, just PM him..

The Buell pegs are a must for us guys with knees that ache.. (I also take a bottle of advil with me on all trips, I usually take a couple before a day that is going to be 500 or more miles)
thanks. i tried the buell peg mod last year. while it is alot more comfy i didnt like the shifting and i was dragging my boots on the ground. they only lasted a day. i just made up a set of risers at work yesterday. am going to try them out today.

CBX rider, your beautiful bike is running the rear seat attached, right? I cannot tell from the picture, with the bag on the back, but I assume the hump is off.... wow, now that is a funny sounding sentence... -L-

CBX rider, your beautiful bike is running the rear seat attached, right?  I cannot tell from the picture, with the bag on the back, but I assume the hump is off.... wow, now that is a funny sounding sentence... -L-
Yep, seat on, hump off...sounds weird too!
biggrin.gif
My Quick Stand and tire repair kit fits under the seat with the tool kit, rear disc lock and a small towel.

Back