Decisions, Decisions???

bigC86

Registered
Well I ordered the full brocks shortmeg but its on backorder:banghead: Now I've been doing more research to find out that the AH is actually louder or higher pitched. I like the round look over the oval and the removable baffle but If the AH is noticeably louder then I might have to switch my order. Can anyone whos heard these two systems tell a difference, if any soundwise????

the AH is louder but that doesn't mean the shortmeg is quiet. If you want to be uber loud just take the baffle out of the shortmeg ::9

Dont remember where but i read that the alien head is good for top speed and the shortmeg works better for drag race. :beerchug:

Wouldnt taking the baffle out kill bottem end power. Probably not any backpressure??? Idk now I'm thinking about the AH cause I want the power but also the louder one that has a higher pitch to it, which is probably the AH, Shortmeg looks better though.???

Ive had both the short meg and alien head on the same bike, back to back and there wasnt a noticable difference in sound or volume to me. They both sound great and neither are really loud. Now an open sidewinder is loud:thumbsup: I think the ah looks better and gives you a little more room if you like to drag your legs when launching. You will burn the Sh@t out of your inner leg if you like to drag your feet with the shortmeg.

Well put my order through and decided to go with the AH. Should be at my door tuesday:cheerleader:. Im actually liking the look of the AH once I saw enough pics of it. Plus the fact its tucked in a little closer to the bike and is slightly louder or higher pitched is what sold me. Either way I'm stoked and will have pics once installed!!!:beerchug:

Well put my order through and decided to go with the AH. Should be at my door tuesday:cheerleader:. Im actually liking the look of the AH once I saw enough pics of it. Plus the fact its tucked in a little closer to the bike and is slightly louder or higher pitched is what sold me. Either way I'm stoked and will have pics once installed!!!:beerchug:

I think you'll be very happy~!~

had the AH on my 02. sound was nice,wasnt obnoxious unless you really got on it. put the hotbodies on my 08, now they are LOUD if your just going for noise and aloooooot cheaper

AH is LOUD but,,,,Remove the baffle from the short meg and HOLD onto your ears for dear life.....of course after putting earplugs in...the shortmeg with the baffle removed is just a straight pipe....and it is L O U D...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
ohh and the whole backpressure thing is a big misunderstood myth..dating back to carb days

Back