December 10, 2005 Baldomero Lopez Veteran's Home

tspoole

Registered
2005 Christmas Run to the Baldomero Lopez Veteran's Home

The Baldomero Lopez Veterans' Nursing Home in Land O' Lakes (Pasco County) is a 120-bed facility <span style='color:Orange'>( On Ehren Cutoff )</span> providing skilled care for its residents, including those with Alzheimers' disease.  

For the last 2 years (this will be the third) I have been working with the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay as well as Clearwaterbiker and other local groups to arrange a visit for the veterans.  This is a chance to get into the Christmas Spirit, and support the men and women who have sacrificed their minds and bodies in service to our country.  

Each year we show up with gifts and (hopefully again this year) a bagpipe player.  We pass the gifts out, shake some hands, wish a few Merry Christmases and then head out.

I'd like to invite everyone here to come out for a good cause, bring along a gift for the vets and possibly enjoy a little bagpipe music to boot.  

We ride by these guys every weekend.  Surely we can stop by one morning of the year to say <span style='color:Orange'>"Thank you for all you've done, you are not forgotten"</span>

Saturday December 10, 2005
10am at the Veteran's Home
Coffee and snacks will be served
Gifts for the Vets

<ul>Slipper socks (footies with grip on the bottom)
New Movies (last year we gave them stunt videos, this year maybe "Faster"?)
Sweaters, candies, etc always appreciated[/list]

More than likely a group will be meeting at the BMW dealership on Gunn HWY - probably leaving there around 9am, stopping by a food bank and then the veteran's home at 10am, then leaving for a club membership meeting in Ozello ~11am.  If you're interested, post up and I'll give more details on gifts, where we can meet, etc.

Haven't heard a lot from anyone on this ride.  We're still doing it.  Those in Tampa / Clearwater we plan on meeting first, hitting some local roads, meeting up with the group and riding in to the Vets Home, then hitting some backroads out.

Who all wants to meet up and where? North Pinellas County would be good as we'd get to hit Patterson on the way to the dealer - but I am pretty flexible.

Please reply back if you are going to make it along with what side of town is closest to you. I'll set up a meeting place and a ride to the dealer.

<!--EDIT|tspoole
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133187714 -->

This deserves a bump.  If I was in FL, I'd be all over this.

Bumpola

HT
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is this year. The BMW group is going and that makes me glad. I haven't seen the same support from the sportbike community at large for this.

It kinda makes me mad because I see the same thing in the "support our troops" mentality. Last year and the year before it took NO work to gather gifts for the troops. This year it seems like supporting the troops / veterans isn't as fashionable.

bump.gif

Back