Veteran's Home Run on 12-04-04 - Tampa, Florida

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
The Tampa Bay BMW Rider's Group is doing its Annual Foodbank / Veteran's Home Run on 12-04-04 and they would really appreciate our support.

The Ride starts at BMW Motorcycles of Tampa Bay @ 10am December 4th and proceeds to Ehren Cutoff (583) where we stop at the food bank and then the Baldomero Veteran's Home. After that, if we want to stay with them, the group takes backroads all the way to Ozello for lunch. Canned food items for the food bank and there are a variety of items that the guys in the Vet's Home could use (I'll get the list posted).

The Veteran's Home is particularly important. These are men who made huge sacrifices for freedom. They have lost arms, legs, friends and brothers in the defense of our freedoms. Some of these men are WWII vets, some Korea, some Vietnam.

Stopping by, dropping off a movie, or a sweater or just a pair of slipper socks, saying "You are not forgotten" just isn't too much to ask. Every weekend we blast by the Vets Home (it is at 583 and Parkway on the Nortbound side - you might not even know that is what it is) why not stop on the 4th of December?

All riders are welcome, and we will break into groups based on riding style. Usually the 'sportier' riders head off first (the Hayabusa's), followed by the more 'relaxed' folks (the BMW's). It isn't a squiddly event, but it is a good ride for a good cause.

Post up if interested, I'll get more details shortly.

"Supporting our Troops" is more than a bumper sticker . . .

Baldomero Lopez State Veterans' Nursing Home
The Baldomero Lopez Veterans' Nursing Home in Land O' Lakes (Pasco County) is a 120-bed facility providing skilled care for its residents, including those with Alzheimers' disease.

Baldomero Lopez
State Veterans' Nursing Home
6919 Parkway Blv
Land-o-Lakes, FL 34639

Link to Original Post

I could be down for that, Cecil.. I let ya know for sure as the time aproaches~
cool.gif

I would like to do something like this...my Dad was a vet--30 years Army--Korean and Vietnam war...can you also post this on TampaTrackJunkies too Gjoker?
rock.gif
Thanks
wink.gif

Back