Deal or No Deal?

JFL

Registered
I found a Busa that I like but need some educated opinions on its value.

It's an 05 with 11000 very well maintained miles. All stock from what I can tell. They are asking 8000. Overall conidition of the bike is nearly perfect, no scratches, scrapes and very minimal chips up front.

Does that price sound good?

Sounds a bit high to me. The Busa market has taken a pretty big hit this year. There is a 05 on the board in my area that is perfect with less miles that didn't move at 7500 this fall. Instead of dropping the price more he decided to wait for warm weather.

There some new 07s to be had for around 9000 in some areas with full warrantee.

Sounds a bit high to me. The Busa market has taken a pretty big hit this year. There is a 05 on the board in my area that is perfect with less miles that didn't move at 7500 this fall. Instead of dropping the price more he decided to wait for warm weather.

thumb_up.gif
+1

hope you find a good one
hello.gif

welcome.gif

No deal!

Use the $8000 as a downpayment on a new bike. You can still find '07s in some dealerships or of course you can snag a gen-2.

Used is used ... new is new. That's the bottom line.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

thumb_up.gif
 +1

hope you find a good one
hello.gif

welcome.gif
+2 miles are too high for that price
sad.gif
The sportbike market in general right now is very soft....good time to buy, but not to sell
winkold.gif

Welcome, be patient wait for a good deal. Keep us posted on what you find.

What areas would those be??
please.gif

Thanks!
call around to all the dealers and ask if they have any left over 07's. A few people on here from around the country have been buying 07's cheap. one guy got one for 8700. so call all dealers in your area and even farther out, it would be worth a few hour drive to get a new 07 for 8700
2cents.gif

As has been said, the release of the Gen2 has brought down prices on the Gen1s. There are some here on the board that haven't moved or moved at a substantial reduction in price. Check around if its the Gen1 that you want and you will probably find a great deal. No deal!

if he asking 8 offer 7 and go from there. if you think its a deal, its a deal

Bought mine for 8,015 otd, new with 0 miles. They have one 07 left after that one is sold, it's 08 and beyond (except for trade ins of course).

I think i would get a new 08. If you could fine someone to let you ride one you will want it. I have seen the new one's go for around 11,000.00 OTD. Its worth the extra. Good luck, Doug

DSC_0003RS.jpg

I just bought a brand new all black 07 in the SF bayarea for $9200 otd.
I'm seeing used 05's listed on craigs list for $9500.

I just bought my 04 with 11k miles for $6,300 including new Shoei helmet. It has a few minor scratches from a driveway tip over but other then that it's in perfect shape.

Back