Daytona 200 Yates Kangaroo Kick

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
Post your thoughts on what happened, I think it is really going to hurt his reputation.

too bad I'm wearing a shirt that has him on it today.. bad boy!! hes gonna lose his suzuki card.

Fania vs. Yates article (from Cycle News.)

KSW Racing's Anthony Fania Jr. says he is pressing charges against Yoshimura Suzuki's Aaron Yates following their post-crash fight in the second horseshoe in the closing stages of today's Daytona 200 By Arai.

After Fania and Yates crashed out of the race together on the 49th lap of the 200, television footage shows Yates kicking and head-butting the New Jersey resident, the incident somewhat overshadowing Mat Mladin's third victory in the prestigous race.

“It was just like the tape,â€￾ Fania Jr. explained. “I was going for the horseshoe, right in the middle of the track, still on the brakes. I wasn’t even fully committed, still on the brakes. I think if I wasn’t there, he still wouldn’t have made the corner by the impact of how hard he hit me. He collided into my left side and when I got up and came to and he’s kicking me as I’m lying on the ground. He’s screaming and yelling that it’s my fault, it’s my fault – he hit me. So as we were yelling at each other, that’s when it started. He got really angry because I told him that he hit me and it was his fault. Then he head-butted me. It just continued and it got worse. We screamed and yelled at each and we came back to the pit area and his team, the Yosh team, were in my pits screaming and yelling at my guys – obscenities, name calling and all the rest of it, and they knocked our TV monitor on the ground. It was quite a spectacle.â€￾

“I’m his dad and I’ve told the AMA officials that this Mr. Yates has to be punished,â€￾ Anthony Fania Sr. added. “Mr. Yates has a reputation as a hotshot, quite a while ago he got punched in the jaw down at Main Street. Then there are his antics of lying on the track. Mr. Yates may be a star here, but on the outside he’s just Mr. Yates. I’m going to file criminal charges and I’m going to go after him. The AMA gave me the indication that something will be done. I told them that whatever you do to him, I really don’t care. I’m not going to call them up and tell them that they should suspend him. As far as I’m concerned, do what you have to do to keep the balls in the air. I realize he’s a star and you have to run the show. Their answer to me was, ‘Why do you think we’re not going to do anything?’ I told them to do what they do, but I am looking for punishment and I’ll take care of really punishing him. What should really be done is he should have his license suspended and never race again, but they are never going to do that. That’s never going to happen. By me filing criminal charges and then after that is finished, I am going to sue him. We’ll see where it goes from there.

“As far as him running into him, I at one time had an FIA international license," Fania Sr. continued. "Let me tell you the way it works: it is the responsibility of the driver or rider passing the other guy, it’s his responsibility to make a clean pass. So if you run into somebody, I don’t want to hear that it’s just racing. It’s basic racing 101. He made a mistake and made an improper pass and then he blew up. For someone at Suzuki to grab our sponsor by the neck and throw him out of their pit… we went down there to speak to whoever is in charge at Suzuki to ask them what is going on here. Why do you let this behavior happen? And they throw us out. It’s not right. I also had sponsors in our pit that watched all this stuff go on, and I don’t know where that’s going. They were stunned. I would say that we probably lost that sponsor.â€￾

Yates gave his side of the story after the race in the Yoshimura Suzuki garage.

“We caught up to those guys, I came out of the turn on the inside, the dogleg, and tried to shoot down there on the outside," Yates said. "I got on the brakes and was turning it in a little bit and ran it in with the guy I was trying to go around. And he kind of stood up and I saw that and stood up a little bit and get on the brakes and he hit me and we were just hooked together. I was trying to get stopped as good as I could before I got to the grass. It slammed me down and I looked where we was going and it was a wall and I thought I was fixin’ to get into that wall pretty hard and get hurt.

"There’s a lot going through your head. I jumped up and I was pretty upset and I just felt like I needed to do something. I just kind of gave the guy a little nudge. I didn’t go over there and push him or nothing. I went through the actions of trying to kick him, but I didn’t really kick him. I was kind of walking off and he kept waving me on, like come on, come on and he was messing with me. I got in his face and I guess I gave him a little bump in the head and he just kept making motions at me. He just kept antagonizing me, messing with me. I just said screw off.â€￾ Yates said the AMA is reviewing the incident and he's certain some punishment will come his way.

“The AMA is looking into it,â€￾ Yates said. “The guy is pressing charges and I had to fill out an accident report or whatever with the police. I don’t know what’s going to happen with that. We looked at the video and I didn’t try to hurt the guy or anything. I was just going through the actions. They [the AMA] are going to do something, I’m sure. I definitely regret it. I’m embarrassed by the whole situation, but I’m racing for the win in this thing. And I have to get taken out by some guy who can’t get stopped for the turn. Sometime during the whole thing, he kind of half-assed admitted that he got in there too hot. He said, ‘I admit I got in there too hot.’ â€￾

Stay tuned.

Cant believe what I saw after Yates took this guy out with his bike and kicked him while he was down, he paused for a bit then ran after him again and did the headbutt thingy... oh and did anyone get that little gesture of Fania's ... Some of the 2 wheel gods of the track need to be taken down a notch ... Yates, Mladdin and others heads are so big it's amazing they can fit em in a race helmet. Amired personality's of the race world imho are Zemki, Bostroms & Haydens.

If I ever become rich & famous, would someone plz kick the shizzle out of me about once a year just so I stay my sweet humble self...
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078681093 -->

thanks for the article, Like Fania said it is the passing riders responsibility to make a good clean pass, I have watched it over and over again and Yates in my opinion was at fault.

I've read in other places that Yates is going to have charges pressed against him.  I've no idea what the AMA is going to do, but he ought to get fines and point penalties.  

I watched the race on SPEED and that accident seemed to be mostly Yates' fault.  It looked to me like the other guys was moving a bit to the outside to give Yates a clear line to pass on the inside.  But Yates was moving to pass on the outside with very little room to spare.

His behavior after the wreck was terrible and unprofessional.  I know emotions were high and it was all disappointing, but taking it out on the other rider was in poor taste, to say the least.

After the incident, there were apparently some altercations between the pit crews of both teams.  The Yates crew vandalized some property of the other team and harrassed some of their sponsors.  Yikes!  There was a lot of shouting and pushing on the sides of both pit crews, but I've not seen any video of that.

Article
Video
Another article

Thanks, Cache-man. Now I can see it. Thanks to Falcon too. Sounds like Yates is on fer some interesting shid. I wonder what Yosh is gonna do now.

Yates was wrong and passing in an unsafe manner - the accident was his fault.
The he kicks and head butts a privateer after taking his bike out. If the AMA has any balls they will fine him and suspend him from racing for at least one race.
Yoshimura should also repremand him as well.

Lets not forget that Yates took out Eric Bostrom and seven other riders last year at the World Superbike races at Laguna Seca with a similar "stupid and dangerous" move putting Bostrom out for the rest of the season and at that point he was in the points lead!

I used to like Yates - I'm beginning to think he is an idiot!

Kent Sheldon

wow!!!!!b followed by a loud laugh at the suck it move the other dude did!LOLOLOL
thats all i could say when i saw it
a factory rider plowing in to a privater
and then drop kicking him followed by a hockey style check
i think Gates has a identiy crises
he doesn't know if he is in the WWE (drop kick) or the NHL (body check)

what was he thinking?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

we weren't there in his boots so lets not be too harsh on him (that was a fu*ked up thing to do to any one)
i see a pattern with him and i think the officals are seeing it too.
i belive the book will be throwen at him by the officals and the cops just to set an example

rock.gif

Check out this poll,

As of now 93% of the folks say Yates owes Fania an apology. And I agree!

Poll

We'll, I spend the whole race cheering for yates and Mladin...Then This.... Now I miss Cheering for Hayden even though he was on a Honda that kid could ride...

So now I have thrown away my Yates poster, Came right off the wall... and as Far as I am concerned he is a disgrace to Suzuki and I am certainly no longer a fan. I liked him because of his hard riding style, but this little episode was so embarrasing... Then to hear about his pit crew acting like asses as well... I just don't get it...

Fug Yates, his true colors came out Saturday, here I thought he was a hard riding Pro... Turns out he's just another jackass with an attitude... Please lord just keep him in the states, I sure as hell do not want this guy representing the US overseas in any capacity....

My .02

Yates really made a fool of himself.....but the only thing I noticed was the run or jog he did to get back to Fania....What the hell was that..guess his legs were numb after all that riding...:cool:

Back