Day Sailing with a Bonus

SSGT_B

Registered
There is a group down here that sets up sailing/ boating outings for vets with PTSD and special needs children free of charge. We took that trip 4.5yrs ago and my kids loved it, as did I. My wife unit received a email Friday morning asking her if we would like to go out again. Wanting to get out the house of course we accepted.

We arrive yesterday morning to the marina and go over The Who’s and what’s and which boat we would be on. Ours was inbound and our captain and his mate, another captain were both vets. Cool! They get there and this time is a sail boat. Never been on one of those. After talking to captain Carl , boat owner, sharing war stories, I find out her was a army fighter pilot in Vietnam. Super cool.

The day goes on and the helping captain Greg, was teaching the kids how to sail. Very cool to see. We also shared stories and he was a merchant marine for many years. He mentioned my sons haircut, a high and tight that I gave him that morning and how that was high speed low drag. Then he was talking about how his hair used to be super long and the band paid him to cut it one year while in Germany. My daughter said that’s cool you were in a band. He then says you might know some of our music. Started singing carry on my wayward son.

My son and I both perked up as my son, 13yo, says holy shot you played with Kansas! Sure enough he was the keyboard player for 11 yrs. super cool dude. We got some amazing pics from that day and had a blast. Got to talk “Army” with people that get it, and learn how to sail a boat from a rock star. Won’t be forgetting this day for a long time

No deck scrubbing but got to help trim the sails lol. The were so laid back and fun to be around. Oh and an added bonus, the boats name was patriot.

8D0BB727-0262-4436-9197-BA7C87EC163A.jpeg

53B1461D-A604-4736-9ED1-F0E1E0F958DF.jpeg

BEBC37E5-5D7A-4939-83E8-F97D85DEB3EC.jpeg

DA95287A-34A6-4BFE-A1BD-8DED39C6875F.jpeg

Way cool Sarge...did they have pie onboard as well...
lick gif.gif

Just thinkin' that would have added to the tri-fecta...:thumbsup:
"High and tight" my DaD (38 years military) used that one all the time.:laugh:
Good for you guys.
Rubb.

Back