"Day After" This quote came from the Czech Republic...

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I'm sorry to post this up to any of my friends who differ politically from me, but we are coming to a time where tolerance of differing political ideas is no longer acceptable to me. Time is short and I promised myself I'd do everything possible to help put the country back on track. It is interesting how other countries around the world can correctly identify our own failures, yet the vast majority of our voters can't.

Loving my country and trying to preserve it, SteveO

Perfect Quote
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.
"

Yes tolerating other people is so terrible. Your arrogance on thinking only you know the right way is why you are so wrong. Should we list the names of leaders who knew the right way and thought everyone else was wrong?

but we are coming to a time where tolerance of differing political ideas is no longer acceptable to me.

[/SIZE]"[/COLOR][/B]

You sound exactly like my father in-law, exactly the reason I refuse to discuss any politics with him. ???

Get over it man, you lost and life goes on.

I don't think we have nearly enough political threads...just sayin' :banghead:

:rofl:

I for one don't give a sht what some foreigner thinks about us or our President, this is our issue to deal with here for better or worse we have been doing this since they were all serfs working land for some royal somewhere so they have neither the moral standing or anything useful to add to our internal decision here in the US of A. I will take my peoples advice and judgment over anyone else's any day.

when we all are easily swayed by media and personal agendas and still sit on our computer chairs venting about it..i AGREE we the citizens are to be held accountable for the state this country is in. what are you doing to change it?

I for one don't give a sht what some foreigner thinks about us or our President, this is our issue to deal with here for better or worse we have been doing this since they were all serfs working land for some royal somewhere so they have neither the moral standing or anything useful to add to our internal decision here in the US of A. I will take my peoples advice and judgment over anyone else's any day.

Czechoslovakia actually went through some really tough times, I worked with a colleague who managed to escape from there and visited after 1993. The communist regime collapsed in 1993 and it peacefully became the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic. The Czech Republic today is considered highly successful in Eastern and Central Europe and one of the most peaceful countries in Europe.

Why is this of significance? Because unlike us, they are extremely patriotic as they had a very difficult past and appreciate life as it is today. You won't see them behaving like Fox news, running down their own country, in fact it won't be tolerated.

Yeah yeah I know, I am very familiar with their history and still visit there every couple years. I watched over their border where it joined East Germany back in early 80's, it was festering with Russians then. I still don't give a sht what they have to say, advice that is coming from a continent that cant take of itself security wise and killed upwards of 200 million of its own last century has to be taken with a grain of salt. Nobody in any country I have visited or lived in is as blindly patriotic as us Americans. Hell man, they cant even protect themselves from each other. Not beating Chechs here specifically but Europe in general. Once they can fend for themselves without killing each other on a massive scale I might pay attention to what they have to say about our country and president.

Don't confuse self righteousness with patriotism.

Czechoslovakia actually went through some really tough times, I worked with a colleague who managed to escape from there and visited after 1993. The communist regime collapsed in 1993 and it peacefully became the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic. The Czech Republic today is considered highly successful in Eastern and Central Europe and one of the most peaceful countries in Europe.

Why is this of significance? Because unlike us, they are extremely patriotic as they had a very difficult past and appreciate life as it is today. You won't see them behaving like Fox news, running down their own country, in fact it won't be tolerated.

Yeah yeah I know, I am very familiar with their history and still visit there every couple years. I watched over their border where it joined East Germany back in early 80's, it was festering with Russians then. I still don't give a sht what they have to say, advice that is coming from a continent that cant take of itself security wise and killed upwards of 200 million of its own last century has to be taken with a grain of salt. Nobody in any country I have visited or lived in is as blindly patriotic as us Americans. Hell man, they cant even protect themselves from each other. Not beating Chechs here specifically but Europe in general. Once they can fend for themselves without killing each other on a massive scale I might pay attention to what they have to say about our country and president.

Don't confuse self righteousness with patriotism.

LOL, no argument, it is different there today though. My point really is that we don't realize how good we have it here in the US, just wish everyone especially Fox news could appreciate that. Not choosing sides, part of the reason the Republicans lost, is because they have no respect for anything, even though they may be right in some areas. Their haggling, disrespect and throwing things against the wall in the hope that it will stick lost them the election. I really hope they get their act together in the next four years.

It is some of the things that the OP posted here, which is typical and does not sit well with a lot of Americans.

I am not a thieving repub or dem and don't know how Fox news comes into play, I am speaking as a American who has travels and has lived all over the world my whole adult life.I don't care what anyone in the rest of the world has to say about us, our system or our President.

Snopes.com says the validity of the quote is "undetermined," because a search of the paper's website does not result in anything about President Obama, other than an article about the President's security. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pragerzeitungon.asp

"Origins: This item circulated in November 2012 supposedly reproduces an article that appeared in 'the Prague newspaper, Prager Zeitungon.' This appears to be a misspelled reference to Prager Zeitung ('Prague Newspaper'), a German language weekly newspaper from the Czech Republic which is also circulated in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

"However, the version of this item circulated online provides no other contextual information (such as a publication date or headline) to help track down if and when it was actually published in Prager Zeitung. A search of that newspaper's web site currently pulls up only one article which mentions Barack Obama, and that mention is an incidental reference about the level of security provided to a U.S. president."

I'm sorry to post this up to any of my friends who differ politically from me, but we are coming to a time where tolerance of differing political ideas is no longer acceptable to me. Time is short and I promised myself I'd do everything possible to help put the country back on track. It is interesting how other countries around the world can correctly identify our own failures, yet the vast majority of our voters can't.

Loving my country and trying to preserve it, SteveO

Perfect Quote
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.
"

Perfectly Stated :beerchug:

Back