Damn Triple A

Adam G

Registered
Well it finally happened. I got stranded on the side of the road with my Busa. Went out for a quick 30 mile evening ride and got about 20 miles from home and noticed a weird pulling feeling. Couldn't figure it out for a minute and then figured it must be a blown tire. Craziest thing, bike was very stable. Different than any other bike I have blown a tire on. Felt totally stable and came to a stop.

So I figure that is why I have AAA. I will just give them a call and they will take care of it. Turns out you have to have the premium membership in order for them to tow a motorcycle. That kind of blows. Been paying $100 a year for how many years and now I need them and no go.

Oh well. Had my smart phone so I googled a local towing company and they came out and loaded her up on a flat bed. So $150 tow later I was home. Too bad I just replaced my tire a couple of thousand miles ago. Kind of a spendy little nail I found on my "quick ride".:banghead:

i carry the Cycle Pump Combo Kit from Pashnit with me any time i'm traveling (click here and go to tire repair kits)...of course, i'll be like you and probably not have it when i need it and am close to home :laugh: glad you made it home in one piece with the shiny parts still up :beerchug:

Join AMA man, free towing, free tank of gas if you run out, free AMA magazine each month. $50 a year...cant beat it...worth its wait in gold, plus carries similar benefits and discounts to Triple A for hotel stays etc...

Yup triple-A is a grade A joke :banghead:

I went thru a similar situation with my busa a few years back. Paying all this $$ for coverage that I thought I had.... premium package this gold package that. told em 2 keep all their packages!!!

Tire plug kit & Slime 12V air compressor fit nicely in tail.

slime-12-volt-ATV-Tire-Compressor.jpg

Back