damn idle speed

scooterlord

Registered
i have the k1 model and it's not all that easy for me to lift the tank and make the necessary adjustment. besides i am useless concerning this kind of stuff i don't have enough time to even go to someone to fix it. so i was wondering...

..can i adjust idle speed by opening a bit the air choke, till i get some time to go adjust it properly? or is it causing any other problems? please help, i am DESPERATE (bike shut off twice today because of low idle of about 900rpms). let alone it won't start in the morning...

Yes you can up the idle with the the fast idle lever. Like has been said before all it does is speed up the idle will not hurt the bike. It is not that hard to lift the tank just take the 2 bolt out of the front seat and the 2 allen bolts on the top of the tank and lift the tank from the front it has a hinge on the back of the tank.

I just adjusted my idle and it was very easy to do. Like jumbo said...remove the seat first and then the remove the two allen screws that secure the tank and use the holding rod thats under the hump to hold the tank up. The idle screw can be turned to the right with a cross tip screwdriver. It is located on the right side where the throttle cables are located. This will take you about ten minutes to do.
smile.gif

Back