DAKAR

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone watching the rally this year? It’s on the NBCSP channel where I live. Fernando Alonso from F1 is driving a Toyota in the hot boy class against Peterhansel, Sainz and Al-Ittayah and not doing bad either. The big trucks are fun to watch in the dunes and they haul azz in the sand too. Today’s section was over 300 miles, all sand, flats and dunes. One of the cars running fast in the flats dug his right wheels in soft sand and flipped over and over destroying it completely. Driver and navigator all ok. A couple bikes crashed too but with some serious injuries. An American is leading the bikes on a Honda. KTM, Husky, Yamaha and a single Hero? fill out the field. Never heard of a Hero motorcycle. There’s also a side by side class and a four wheeler class. Crazy people! Fun to watch though. :thumbsup: :laugh:

I thought there would be more interest here especially for the bikes. For the first time ever an American rider won the Dakar, Ricky Brabec on a Honda, ending KTMs years long win streak. Another American won the side by side, also first time ever. Sadly a rider lost his life in a bad crash in stage seven. All the riders skipped stage eight in his memory. He was on the only Hero in the race, made by Indian. He was a 40 yr old rider who’d competed several previous races. :confused: It’s really an amazing endurance race for all comers over all types of terrain for thousands of miles in 12 days. Fernando Alonso said in one interview that one stage had deep sand, huge sand dunes, rocks and Camel grass humps and what he termed a plateau that allowed him to run flat out in 6th gear for over 20 minutes!

I thought there would be more interest here especially for the bikes. For the first time ever an American rider won the Dakar, Ricky Brabec on a Honda, ending KTMs years long win streak. Another American won the side by side, also first time ever. Sadly a rider lost his life in a bad crash in stage seven. All the riders skipped stage eight in his memory. He was on the only Hero in the race, made by Indian. He was a 40 yr old rider who’d competed several previous races. :confused: It’s really an amazing endurance race for all comers over all types of terrain for thousands of miles in 12 days. Fernando Alonso said in one interview that one stage had deep sand, huge sand dunes, rocks and Camel grass humps and what he termed a plateau that allowed him to run flat out in 6th gear for over 20 minutes!
I dont think this is really big on TV here in north america.
I remember back in germany - we had the channel "Euro Sport" and they covered almost everything. I watched the dakar rally several times when I was younger!

I dont think this is really big on TV here in north america.
I remember back in germany - we had the channel "Euro Sport" and they covered almost everything. I watched the dakar rally several times when I was younger!

I get hundreds of channels thru my satellite DISHTV out here in the boonies. I can ‘instruct’ my service to record on all channels so it picked up the series for me on the NBCSP channel, one that I don’t routinely watch. Lucky for me.

I get hundreds of channels thru my satellite DISHTV out here in the boonies. I can ‘instruct’ my service to record on all channels so it picked up the series for me on the NBCSP channel, one that I don’t routinely watch. Lucky for me.
I havent watched regular tv in probably 10 years. I dont even know how the "candian tv" works- nor how many and what kind of channels we have.
I love movies and watch those. Besides that- sports and documentaries on you tube.
All i need though

#2020 ~ #BrabecWins ~ #Dakar ~ #HondaWinsDakar ~ #RickyBrabec ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Back