Daily drivabillity of a 1441

money mike

Registered
Let's hear from those that have 'em!!!
What's the daily drivability like? What kind of problems do you face and is there anyway to counteract those problems?
Thanks guys

Let's hear from those that have 'em!!!
What's the daily drivability like? What kind of problems do you face and is there anyway to counteract those problems?
Thanks guys

Don't put monster cams in it and if you street ride it...all should be good. Keep cams 385 lift at max

My suggestion is talk to some builders, can have street ability with big cams(that's where he powers gonna be) if things are done correctly.
Posted via Mobile Device

What is someone talking about with "streetability"
Easily over heating? would the 2nd fan mod with dual muzzy blade help out with that??

More street worthy versus track worthy. If you are wanting to go 1441, and want it more street able I would assume it would kind of be a waste of money, and one may as well do a 50shot or so instead.

If one is to go with BIGGER cams, you could run into shifting issues at lower RPM's because of the torque. Daily driveability is like any other bike.

Last edited:
i'm looking at doing a street driven 1397, and what i've been able to gather is if you live in a higher humidity area, you're probably going to need 2 batteries. second, balance your compression and power needs with the gas you'll be able to get in the area. so don't go with gas ported 14:1 pistons if you can only get 91 octane. 12.5:1 cr is fairly safe on pump gas. dual fans with muzzy blades if you're in somewhere hot is definetly a good mod. as far as head and cams, i'd say it depends on how you ride and where you want your power. from the dyno sheet's i've been able to see on here, you'll have more power than stock from 2k rpm and higher, even with big cams. just make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you start buying parts. good luck and post pix

money mike
Not sure about the 1441, but I just finished a Ape 1397 kit with two intake cams. It seems really good on the street! The weather is on the cool side now and it is running hotter than stock. But I am going to change out the fan switch for a 180* switch.

money mike
Not sure about the 1441, but I just finished a Ape 1397 kit with two intake cams. It seems really good on the street! The weather is on the cool side now and it is running hotter than stock. But I am going to change out the fan switch for a 180* switch.

slatrini, what part of the Central Valley are you from?

Just got my 1441 gen 1 street engine on the dyno this past weekend, 201hp / 121tq @ wheel.
Starts with one battery, using Fast by Gast battery, does not seem to overheat, was sitting in traffic idling for half hour and the fan kicked on and off a few times (70 degrees outside), temp never got to half on the gauge, but I’m planning on installing 2nd fan just to be safe.
Stock cams, 12.5:1 CR, pump gas, TiForce Sump pipe, +1mm intake valves and a good head port.

Bike is just as streetable as stock just way more power everywhere!!!

see link below for dyno graph, Lower graph is a stock gen 1 busa tuned with TiForce Sumo pipe, trying to give an apples to apples reference.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/wildchev67/1441HayabusaTiForceStockCamvsstockh.jpg

Back