Dad Accused of Trying to Trade Baby for Beer

Djxtrodinaire

Registered
Matthew Brace, Dad Accused of Trying to Trade Baby for Beer, Arrested - AOL News

:banghead::banghead:

(May 18) -- Police in Chicopee, Mass., have charged a 24-year-old man with reckless endangerment of a child after he allegedly offered to swap his 3-month-old baby girl for two 40-ounce bottles of beer.

"For two 40s, you can have her," Matthew Brace, the infant's father, told an employee at a Pride gas station and convenience store, Police Chief John Ferrao Jr. said.

According to police, Brace and his girlfriend entered the gas station Monday afternoon. When an employee asked the couple how old their child was, Brace made his offer, then placed his child and her stroller in the employee's truck, police said.

The employee then called police, a Chicopee police spokesman told AOL News. When officers arrived, Brace was discovered with his daughter behind the gas station near a trash bin. His girlfriend, who has not been charged, was inside the store buying cigarettes.

The Republican newspaper of Springfield, Mass., reports that the couple live at the Econo Lodge that abuts the gas station. Brace, his girlfriend and the baby were placed at the hotel by the state as part of a program to house the indigent.

After his arrest, Brace was sent to Baystate Medical Center for an evaluation, The Republican reported.

At a news conference, Ferraro said Brace's offer to trade his baby for beer was no laughing matter. "It's not a joke; this is very serious," he said.

Totally disgusting, hope he fails the psych evaluation and they lock him up in the looney bin for eternity. They ought to lower the limits for capital punishment or allow public azz beatings!

Well, what beer was it, and was it an ugly, colicky baby?
There are two sides to every story, you know.
Just saying.....:poke:

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Well, what beer was it, and was it an ugly, colicky baby?
There are two sides to every story, you know.
Just saying.....:poke:

cheers
ken

I'm with Ken on this one. There's a few babies that I wouldn't mind trading in for something of value like certain beers. :laugh:

This is just one more reason to get the heck outta this state!! :banghead: Can someone PLEASE convince my significant other this is a good idea?? :please:

Listen there have been days when I would have given you 2 40s to take Adam for a bit..:rofl:
As parents we all joke about stuff like that.
I dont think he was serious and now only cuz of his position in life was the call made to police.
Say a couple in an S500 pulls up to buy 40 cases and says same.
Would they be looked upon in same light ?
I dont think so.

If he was serious well then he needs to not be allowed near the kid again.

Somebody take that child. of course, they'll make another one...very sad.

I've often said you should be required to have a license to procreate.. :poke: Oh well, with all the new legislation coming it's probably in the pipeline. :laugh:

Back