Cutting Out

Okay, my bike is cutting out on a regular basis now.
I gave it a crack in first gear and it jumped and bucked so violently ( I thought I was with someone else ).
The motor was shutting off constantly just running up thru the gears to 5000rpm.
It would start back up during deceleration.
At one point when she died out I pulled over and turned the key on and off so I could observe the sound of the fuel pump.
There was no whirring sound that I had become used to hearing. All I could here each time I turned the key was a gergleing sound of gas.
Like a stuffed up bath tub.
I got my call back today from a regional Suzuki Rep.
He stated he has never heard of the problem and has never heard of this site....

He gave me a dealer to go to in my area and he will stay in touch.
The rep also stated he is going to check with all the other reps across country to pool resources.
I told them I would take the bike to the dealer he recommended. ( Not much else I Can Do )
At least I have two bikes...
It's a Roadking but what can I say...I am a old man.

2500 Miles.
Dead Hayabusa...

Hey Bob,
I do have that same hesitation ( Burp, stumble ) When you are comming up from idle.
I have noticed though, when the bike is just started and cold it does not act like this, in my case it starts after about 15 - 20 minutes of riding at around 65 -75 outside degrees.
When fully warm and doing her off idle stumbles if I were to crack the throttle wide open she jumps,stumbles, cuts out so violently you wake up real fast. ( Severely cuts out ). Again when first started I can twist it up and no off idles stumbles.
So what I have here is a nine second bike that turns to junk after fifteen minutes!!

Well one good think out of this!!
I got my Corbin seat last week and it is sweet.
Looks nice on the bike and gives support in the right places, instead of the balancing act you get with the factory vinyl.
Also my name is listed above, my Email is offcermike@aol.com and that makes sense for us to start getting together there is more power in numbers.
My Hayabusa Vin # is 2068 Manufacture 3/99

Ride/safe.

cut out and still waiting for the Official Suzuki return call @%&*%^!!!!!!
Group up on this one to get results from Suzuki. I doubt Honda would be like this to their customers. It is not the dealers it is the US Suzuki Office in Brea, California.

Email hemillard@snet.net
Serial # 10929

Getting tired of no response from Suzuki!
I love the bike but I hate the BullS@$%t!

This is a bunch of crap from Suzuki. I just realized after I read your post about the bucking that it is the same thing my hicup or twitch does. it doesn't die just hesitates for a split second. Sometimes twice in a row, therefore a buck.
You should check out "okay its fixed again" post. You make the 5th person with this. One guy has official informed Suzuki of the problem and wants his cash back. I will do the same. Unfortunately i will have to return my bike to stock--pipes,PC2 have to go. We should all exchange names and reference each other when reporting this. I had enough of this crap. I don't hear gurggling. Look into your tank with a flash light towards the rear back of the tank. You will see a strainer (blue frame-white screen) Mine is clean but some others posted that their tank was full of sludge. It will take you 2 minutes.
Bob

Mine does the same guys. If I just cruise along at 30-40 mph in 3rd/4th it feels hesitant, almost misfiring. Then when I open her up, say in 5th, she splutters and dies about 5ooorpm. But not all the time. I found that it gets a lot worse when I'm riding at altitude (4500-6000 feet) up and down the local Swiss passes. My friendly dealer is having the bike for a week and has got Suzuki Switzerland to come and look for themselves.
So Suzuki should know something 'officially' soon. I am not going to let this go. My 'Busa is awesome for 95% of the time ...... but that ain't good enough....I want my 100%.
WATCH THIS SPACE...............

Big Pete is pete.balshaw@freesurf.ch
serial# 00086 3/99 7k miles
let's get a result !

[This message has been edited by BigPete (edited 22 August 1999).]

I am bringing her in for a fuel pressure check on wednesday and I will let you know the results.

Just think if we didn't have the internet to relay information with, tthey might just tell us that we are crazy and we don't really have any problems.

Yep. Mine in general doesn,t do it unless i ride a bit. Especially after a long straight then it starts when i come to a light. I never seem to fell it at high speed / rpm/ upper gears?
it also never dies ,and for the most part i can still beat the pants off anything stock out there including the stock Hayabusa. Until it becaomes more regular i will probably not bring it in in hopes of a fix. I brought it to Banzai Motorsports in Libertyville, IL. They know about it. But, don't know what to do. Desplaines Suzuki DesPlaines, IL also have heard of this. And I have called Brea, CA Suzuki and informed them. I think I will draft a letter. My problem is I don't want to bring it in just yet Season is almost over and I am not stranded or feel I am really at risk. The stumble is rarely that severe unless it happens twice in a row.
Does yours do it at idle? Kind of a buzz or stutter?
Bob serial # 4006 5/99.

Hey guys check your spark plugs, a friend of mine who has a busa found out that 3 of the 4 plugs were loose and one was almost out.

Back