Custom Shifter

3WheelerMod

Registered
Not sure where to post this but I will give it a try under this Forum/Topic.
I am using a Hayabusa motor for my three wheeled project. Having a hard time with getting a shifter to work
Long story short I need to make a custom shifter/Rod that will extend into the "cab" but to do this I need to do some welding. Does anyone know of a shifter that is metal so I can weld on it but the "spline" will fit on the stock shifter end?

I know some of the older style bikes did not use this composite type metal but used actual steel
I attached a picture I basically need something like the attached picture .... but metal

Thanks for the help
Todd

Shifter.jpg

If you are not able to heliarc aluminum. You could have a tab/bracket heliarced on the shift lever. And make your connection to the shift linkage there... Or even a clevis attached thru the stock shift lever. Just as you would do when installing an air shifter on the bike...

A shifter from any Z1 or KZ1000 should do the trick. Probably really cheap on flea bay . . .

Thanks !!! That is what I was hoping is to find someone who knew about an older type metal one.... I will see if I can find one on Ebay !!!!!

Back