Cush Drive Rubber ?

bird1300

Registered
I believe I need to replace my cush drive rubbers. My questions are, where is the best place to get them and is there any difference in the black ones and red ones? Thanks!

Black are stock . . .

Red are the hi performance version .

. . . POWERHOUSE has both in stock . . .

Have two rear wheels for my first generation Hayabusa ~ use half of the factory black with three RED after market cushions . . .

Pingel-SEN-2.jpg

But what is the actual difference? Is it in feel, longevity, or just color? Thanks for the reply!

The black (stock) ones can get wasted and loose over a period of time, the red (performance) ones fit tighter and are much stronger. I have yet to see them
go south, in spite of the fact that we use them on many high horsepower turbo bikes . . .

I have those in my 06 and they're way better than stockers.
In what way are they better for a non racing application aside from the durability aspect? Is it something that you can feel under normal riding? Just curious as to whether it would be a mod to do when I put my next back tire on or just wait until the oem pieces go bad.

In what way are they better for a non racing application aside from the durability aspect? Is it something that you can feel under normal riding? Just curious as to whether it would be a mod to do when I put my next back tire on or just wait until the oem pieces go bad.

Well, they (are) more durable, much more than OEMs. They also make for a tighter feeling drivetrain IME. No more feeling that the chain might be loose or kinked, or the sprockets might need changing. You could compare them to upgrading the shocks on your car.

They feel more solid. By that I mean the drive train has less slop when you hit the gas. Big deal, maybe not but I feel like it is a better feel, bike feels more solid. I also think the throttle response is better down low because they is a bit of play in the OEM rubber you won't know is there until you switch. Given the price and fairly easy install, I put this in the no brainer category. Only trick is make sure you have them inserted right side out or you will never get the wheel assembly back together.

I keep them in stock for both gens. sold many kits to members here over the years, they work well. TL1000 is the same rim as Gen-I, so same kit fits there too.

FWIW- it was one of the first things I replaced when I got mine. Difference was night and day.

Edit/Add: I got the red ones.

Just installed the Sensei drive snubbers (bought from Boost by Smith. Thanks Greg! ). A few observations and a question. First of all, these are a much higher Durometer than the stock Rubber ones. I beleive they are Urethane as opposed to Rubber. Havent had a chance to road test them yet but I can see why these would minimize motion in the rear drive. These things are TIGHT to the sprocket carrier. I used a Large Rubber mallet to try and seat the carrier into them and it was almost no use at all. Wound up putting the wheel on a rubber floor mat and standing on the center of the sprocket carrier to get them seated far enough to remount on the bike. Once on the bike the axle nut finishes the job, but it was a little extra work. All of this is about minimizing/damping motion in the rear drive so for that I can see them doing a very good job. Time will tell.

Now for my question. Has anyone noticed any issues with wheel balance when replacing these? I re-balanced the rear wheel after installation and the wheel took a ton (like over 1.5oz, which is a lot in my experience) of weight to get the tire balanced out again. Anyone running these notice this before?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Never had a balance issue and years from now during a tire change you'll find that they're just as hard to remove and install.:D

I had a mare of a time fitting mine to (from Pashnit) didnt bother re balancing with a new tyre as well.
First thing i noticed was it felt as tho id adjusted the chain and the slack is gone , power seemed a bit more
instant.
I too couldnt see on Franks site where to order..

Back