Cush Drive Problems?? Help

Well any type of full throttle acceleration through the gears with my big butt is going to be hard on any thing I would think.:rofl: I didn't buy the bike to ride it like a scooter. Plus a few wheelies here and there and some good old down shifting coming into some of my favorite curves at a good pace. I guess that slipper clutch in the ZX-10 worked better than I thought.

For the record I was talking about the ZX10r in this statement. I haven't had the busa long enough to even do this to the rubbers.(Plus I have gone soft in my old age :whistle:) so the busa will be babied. I only rode it 100 miles so far. I guess the previous owner had a heavy hand. No big deal I was just making sure this was normal for a busa when the power was used and that something else wasn't wrong. I know the ZX10 doesnt weight as much as the busa and that the busa has more torque but the ZX10 is no sloutch either. Since I never had a problem with its cushes I didn't think the busa would either with such low miles. Guess I was wrong. Thus the reason I asked for help. Thanks for all the help. I am currently waiting on the sellers email to let me know if he is going to pay the bill or not. Then I will order new ones.

Thats the kind of info I was looking for to. how long do these things last on a busa. My ZX-10 had 14,000 miles on it was gear and I ran it hard. I am 6' 5" 275 lbs and they still looked like new. I sent the dealer some pictures and they are taking a look at them will know soon if they are going to foot the bill or not. Either way I am going with the aftermarket ones that you guys have recommended and maybe the welded clutch hub though.
Mine lasted 7000 miles on my 04LE before they were so sloppy I couldn't stand it anymore.....and I don't ride it all that hard. The stock busa cush rubbers are super soft.......pretty much disposable. Get a set of aftermarkets from Greg (boostbysmith), they'll fix the prob for a long time to come. The stockers are complete crap :banghead: Kawi makes MUCH better cush rubbers. My 14 rubbers have 5000 VERY aggressive miles on them (2nd tire), and they were still a VERY tight squeeze to get back in after a tire change :thumbsup:

Thanks man. What you say about kawasaki makes since. The ones on my zx10 were so tight I had wiggle and pull on the hub for a while to get it off. I will be going with aftermarket ones.

Back