How does Cush drive fit?

m2cyclone

Registered
I sent my wheels and Cush drive off to be chromed and got back a GSRX600 wheel, and then they swapped me another rim that was wider, 6inch.
So now I'm not sure if the Cush drive is a 600 or not.

So my question is, how does the cush drive fit to the rear wheel.
- Is the Diameter of the Cush slightly smaller than the Hub on the wheel and suppose to fit inside the Hub with a little gap.
Or
- Is the diameter a perfect match to the Wheel hub.

Since I don't have my original parts, I can't put them together to make sure that I have the right Cush and rim now..

- The current setup is that the Cush drive is slightly smaller and fits into the Hub or the wheel.
This kinda makes since, since a perfect fit would cause friction between the two parts and not let the Cush sit in the wheel and grab the rubber more.

Could someone please take a look at their Cush and Rim to let me know if there is a step down lip going from the Wheel Hub to the Cush drive.

Thanks alot..

I'll be glad with this Chrome nightmare is over..

Guess I dont get it... you sent a "busa" wheel, got back a Gixxer 600 wheel and then was replaced by a third wheel?

(cushdrive hub does not touch the wheel, it is suspended by the rubber inserts)

Guess I dont get it... you sent a "busa" wheel, got back a Gixxer 600 wheel and then was replaced by a third wheel?

(cushdrive hub does not touch the wheel, it is suspended by the rubber inserts)
Yes the chrome shop sent me a GSXR600 wheel by mistake..
so I was also curious if the cush was wrong too.

But if the cush does not touch the rear wheel then I think I am ok.

I put the Cush on last night and it slightly sits inside the rear wheel.

thanks

here are some photos of an OEM setup (hope this helps, Please note the "spacer" photo!!)

cush drive hub
DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS SPACER!!!!!
DSC_0005.JPG

Hub installed
DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

good deal, do make sure the spacer is in place (did I already say that?)
smile.gif

BTW
Gixxer Cush is 5 bolt sprocket
Busa is 6 bolt, too.

The Gixxer 1000 and Busa are interchangeable hub cush combos, but not sure about the 600/750 GSXR

I use BIke Bandit parts diagrams to check stuff like this alot.

Back