Cruising RPM

headtrip

Registered
Hi everyone,

New to the site, and I look forward to your input.
I currently own a V Rod, and commute 40miles per day to work. As you are aware, this motor needs the revs to breathe, and I usually run 4k just to keep it happy. Tell me about the Busa (which I am considering buying) and cruising (speed limit) revs. Can I run it at lower RPMs and not make it lug?

Thanks for input, and I'm glad to be here.
Doc

A busa from 2500 rpms up is so smooth {and powerful] after comming of that v-twin you wont believe the difference. A buddy and i traded bikes one day [vrod and busa] and he couldn't stop talking about how smooth comfortable and fast the busa is. HE SHORTLY THEIR AFTER SOLD HIS VROD AND BOUGHT A 07 BUSA. The only advantage I can see to having a vrod is the resale value. People for some reason love harles.

As far as revs go, I find 70 MPH puts the busa right at 4k RPM in 6th gear. It's perfectly happy below that though. There is occasional choppiness up to around 2500 but it really smooths out after that.

I am still getting used to the torque these beast put down. She will run down the turnpike at 80 only turning about 4k. With an 11k redline, she is almost idling. I have ridden the V-rod, but never owned one.

I've swapped out the front sprocket from 17 to 18 tooth. Engine is turning about 3,500 RPM at 70 mph. She's happy cruising at that RPM, and the bike still accelerates harder than most anything else on the street.

i rode a vrod for a few months and your right under 4 k there is not much....the busa has killer torque below that ....and on paper the busa has more torque than a tiwn cam 88 and some 95 inch kits ...if u get the busa ur going to love it ..i sold my harley and the grins havent stopped
beerchug.gif

Thanks all for your input. I think I'm about to take a trip to my local Busa store and get really tempted!
Doc
bowdown.gif

Unless you just have to have the latest and greatest, you should be able to work a killer deal on an 07 now.

A partner of mine has a Vrod with the Screaming eagle pipe and has had it tuned. The busa will out pull in any gear side by side. (he is not happy about that) The busa appears to have better torque

Mileage on my busa runs
50Mpg @ 60mph
42Mpg @ 75mph
32Mpg @ beating it to death in town

thanks bl and Kenny. I think I will wait. I think I always knew that the Busa would be much stronger than the V. And thanks to all for your input.
Doc
bowdown.gif

Back