Power loss

bigbomcom

Registered
So recently i have been having a throttle problem. It happens randomly and for no apparent reason. Every so often i will just lose throttle power. I will be cruising along and all of a sudden i see my Tac. drop down to 0 RPMs and i will have no throttle control until i put my throttle back down to zero position and rev it back up. i thought it only happened below 4k RPMs but it seems thats not the case. Kinda dangerous when your bike does the opposite of what you want it to do. If anyone can help, please post.

sounds electrical... time to run through all the basic electrical connections... especially battery grounds.. and that pesky little plug that controls the harness ground

nothing else goes out as far as the electrical system goes from what i can see. just the tac. goes down to 0 and i start losing speed.

Maybe the motor is not getting enough fuel...does it sputter?

well, now it seems to be happening more often and a couple times the bike actually died on me. i had to put it in to neutral to get it to start again which is weird to say the least. I think it may be time to bring it in... *sigh* unless someone has anything else i can explore befor i blow a lot of money on a repair shop...

If it was me I'd just take it to the shop. I never have good luck tracking down weird stuff like this.

Back