PLEASE HELP - My bike is having trouble acelerating.

thelakeshow2k

Registered
i noticed it while driving freeway speeds (60-90 mph) to work this morning... when i hit throttle hard, the bike's rpm's would go up (+1k - 2k rpms) and there was a 1-2 second delay before the aceleration kicked in and the rpms went back to normal. similar feeling to holding the clutch lever in while giving throttle, then letting the clutch lever out. by the afternoon ride home, if it was getting more sensitive (0-90 mph). i would have to very slowly roll on the throttle or it would rev up before accelerating. does anyone have an idea of what it could be. btw, i have had an aftermarket clutch lever and cable for 1 year. thanks.

If you have a clutch cable, you obviously are not talking about a Busa. If you do have a clutch cable, your clutch adjustment is the first thing you should check. What year and model of bike are we talking about here? If you do have a Busa, you probably have the clutch master cylinder over-filled. :laugh:

Must be clutch week ??? I doubt your lever or clutch(hose):laugh: would have anything to do with it.

Buddy of mine had what seems to be a bent shift fork or rod, will know more when it gets torn down. But past couple weeks I thought I noticed a slight slip in 2nd gear on my gen 2 from time to time when I would get on it, was probably more than that but I will usually roll into 2nd before really stomping on it most of the time so that would put me at a lower rpm which is where mine is slipping (2-6k) good throttle and then all other shifts are well above that so I guess was past the sour(not sweet) spot. And then it is acting like a stall converter in a auto trans, really setting back in at around 6k, enough to pull the front. But cold it is normal, so I am thinking some new clutch plates and new springs myself. But of course I could be wrong, have been before.

And you will probably get more help/responses if you post in "Busa Problems" than here in general, I posted my here and had like 60 views and not one helpful response. Posted in other section and got a couple responses pretty quick. :thumbsup:

Back