Cruise stopped working

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
First ride of the year and my cruise stopped working... I have the ole girl torn down looking for the culprit...

here's hoping you can find it and it's an easy fix...you're going to need it in a few weeks :beerchug:

Crap, if I remember right do you have the VSS on the vacuum? Relay working? Diagnostic test? Just throwing out ideas........

Crap, if I remember right do you have the VSS on the vacuum? Relay working? Diagnostic test? Just throwing out ideas........

when i talked to him, he said everything was showing that it was working correctly but it just wasn't activating...he had sprayed the cable quite liberally with WD-40 and was letting it soak in just in case it had stuck while sitting in the shop over the winter...any progress Cap?

Keep us posted as there are several here that have experience with this mod. I will check back later to see where you are at.

If the system thinks it's working but it's not actually activating it sounds like a servo shot.

I recently had my bike in for service and they replaced the brake fluid on the rear so they took the rear cowl off. They pinched a line getting it back on and I was loosing vac. I am now considering going to the full electronic version.

Anyway, hope you get it fixed. Once you get used to resting the left hand on those long trips it's hard to ride without it!

vacuum is good, servo shows to be working according to the diag lights, buttons on the control work according to the servo diag lights, all wires are soldered and good...

Looking just like the servo is out...

See if you can get murph to sell you just a servo and splice the new one in without re-running all the wires. Did it look like there was water damage or anything to lead to it going bad?

I have had the one on my bike for about a year and it is great. I have had one in my 1992 F-150 for about 6 years and it works like a champ.

See if you can get murph to sell you just a servo and splice the new one in without re-running all the wires. Did it look like there was water damage or anything to lead to it going bad?

I have had the one on my bike for about a year and it is great. I have had one in my 1992 F-150 for about 6 years and it works like a champ.

The wiring harness just unplugs from the servo the same for the vacuum so no splicing needed... pretty sure the servo is just out... i have had that one for about 3 years...

semi said:
he's probably looking for a reboot button, you know what those computer guys can be like :laugh:

I thought that was control alt delete?

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

The wiring harness just unplugs from the servo the same for the vacuum so no splicing needed... pretty sure the servo is just out... i have had that one for about 3 years...

I realized this later on in the evening while I was sitting on the dock, but knew I could not edit my post. So, where do we stand today?

Back