Credit Card fraud

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
About four months ago, had dinner at a famous steak chain restaurant, very outspoken waiter, next day all kinds of weird transactions on my card, card cancelled, bank took care of it.

This Friday, same restaurant, same waiter, Saturday online transactions totaling about $500 on my card, Sunday bank calls my cell phone, home phone and emails me. Card cancelled, bank takes care of it.

The inconvenience is irritating, but I can't prove anything. It could be coincidence, who knows?

Do I just move on, or do I go talk to the restaurant Manager?

I had the same thing happen to me. I knew without a doubt the only staff that got my card. Next day same thing.

Since I knew where it had happened and who did it, I did go to management. They thanked me for the report and comped my a free meal.

Never went to the establishment again, after that. So IDK what if anything happened to the waitress.

I'm with Tom. Might be a free meal in it for you. also,a chance to punch said waiter in the head. If you go to this resturant again,bring cash.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Sounds a little too coincidental if you ask me...I think perhaps you have a shifty waiter there at your frequented restaurant :banghead:

I'd at least alert the manager, though these days, you don't know who to trust. Might want to talk to the owner if you can...

i would definitely be talking to someone! if you're still hesitant, go back one more time and use a different card...if it happened a third time, i would contact the police!

There are a number of things you could do. Like mentioned above - take CASH and you have no worries - provided you get the correct change back if needed. :laugh:

You could ask for a different waiter.

You could use the same waiter and then say to him - "The last 2 times I was in here I had to cancel my CC because right after I used it here bogus charges came up"
That might scare him in to passing this time around or passing on you anytime you visit - Especially if you add "if it happens again I will be involving the police and FBI"

You could avoid that business from here on out. At least that exact business.

You could call the BBB and report them.

You could also post a review online somewhere and see if any others have had a problem like yours.

You could stop eating steak. :laugh:

Good luck and let us know what you do, if anything. :please:

Call the Resturaunt Manager and discuss it with him. In all likelyhood, you aren't the only one, and it may also mean that management is aware. Pay for food in cash in that place going forward.

You can call your card company and let them know you believe you have what is called a CPP or Common Point of Purchase... they have systems that run constantly looking for where cards are used and compromised. A tip like this can lead the to a CPP definite hit early and hammer the offender...

My card never leaves my sight now-a-days. It only takes a second to scan it. I haven't carried cash in 35 years but have been thinking about it a lot in the last year or two.

You can call your card company and let them know you believe you have what is called a CPP or Common Point of Purchase... they have systems that run constantly looking for where cards are used and compromised. A tip like this can lead the to a CPP definite hit early and hammer the offender...

Smart :bowdown:

RSD.

Back