Crazy Ben Spies Video! WSBK RACE 2 SPOILER WARNING...

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Crazy crash from 2 different angles in Assen this past weekend...Race 2

Good video here. Freakin gnarly highside:

Last edited by a moderator:
according to post race press releases, he says he's fine. But he's covered up injuries before just so his competition won't feed off it. But he didn't look like he was in too good a shape afterwards. Huge bummer cuz he's 60 points behind Haga now. The way Haga's been riding lately, if Haga continues to finish 2nd for every single race this season, Ben would have to win everything just to tie. That is, IF they come in 1 and 2 every race weekend.

Last edited:
Hey Ryan, it was especially shocking for those that saw that the incredible last 2 laps of race one! Doyle

Yeah, I watched the 2nd video again, it really looked like he was favoring his left forearm. Almost looked broken at times.

Hey Ryan, it was especially shocking for those that saw that the incredible last 2 laps of race one! Doyle

OMFG!! That race WAS EPIC!! How about the pass he put on Haslam in one of the corners? Haslam's arm was literally resting on Spies' front wheel. But the pass on the final 4 corners before the finish line? I was going crazy, yelling, jumping off the couch! It was like watching the Superbowl and your favorite team was winning. But seriously Doyle, That was some clutch performance. hands down the best race of the year.

Last edited:
Ran just a little too wide over the curbing into the dirt. Looked like it addled his wits there for a bit. That was a fast corner, could have been a lot worse.

I remember Ben was talking about it being grass right past the curbing. It looks like he thought his rear wheel was on the rumblestrip, but really, it was in the grass. Then he put the power down and it was all over after that. So much for traction control.

OMFG!! That race WAS EPIC!! How about the pass he put on Haslam in one of the corners? Haslam's arm was literally resting on Spies' front wheel. But the pass on the final 4 corners before the finish line? I was going crazy, yelling, jumping off the couch! It was like watching the Superbowl and your favorite team was winning. But seriously Doyle, That was some clutch performance. hands down the best race of the year.

That's so funny the way you describe your reaction....just like I did, my daughters and wife came running into the room thinking I took LSD or something! Then I started getting phone calls from my old SoCal track buddies. Later that evening it actually felt like a half step down when watching Moto GP!

Spies.jpg

+1000:bowdown: That boy Ben can RIDE!!!:thumbsup:

when he came up on Haga's butt the 1st time on the 2nd-last lap, i was like "no way, he cant get around Nori-gaps' too big"...then, last lap, three turns from the LINE and I dam near spit out my soda! had to watch it over like 5 times (which Im sure Amy enjoyed:whistle:) yelling at the tv the whole time! Just unreal

Hope he recovers from the injuries (cuz after that get-off he's def. feelin it) fast n stays in the running for the title:beerchug:

+10 I also was off the couch screeming at the Tube! Talk about some cool costumers.

I'm not sure that the dirt bike was the best mode of transport to get him back to the pit area. Probably an ambulance or at least a golf cart would have been more appropriate given the condition he appears to have been in. Scary once those bikes start cartwheeling though!

Ben puts on a great show, but..
He's going to have to calm down if he wants a Championship. Haga san is 60 points ahead. Throwing the bike over the fence looks cool, but doesn't win the $$.
The title is Nori's to loose now, if he keeps on his new found calm/cold/collected riding style, there will be no beating him.

And a very cool inside story of the world of WSBK that reminds me that these people, other than one amazing talent, are no different than you or I.. WORLDSBK.COM | NEWS

Back