Couple questions for you guys...

Bruno44052

Registered
Ok, I'm curious about a few things..

Exhaust,, How bad is the stock exhaust on a Gen 1, is it the weight of it, or dies it not flow well?? At the track, whats about the average gain everyone has saw in ET/Mph going from stock to an aftermarket 4 into 1...

Gearing,, Basically same type of question guys.. What kind of increases were seen with say 1 down in the front, then say up 2 or 3 in the rear.. Or hell, anyone 5 or more up in the rear??

Sorry bout all the questions,,, just the way my brain works!!!

But I think it will be a good topic to discuss!!!!

A little background info to help...
I'm new to riding a Busa, just got mine in the end of Feb. but have made 10 passes on it thus far. I feel i'm getting alot better on it at the track. I just don't wanna start modding it and choose the wrong parts.. I use to race my older 750(gsxr) but that was totally different, Had to gear the hell out of that bike to make it fun to ride.. 10 up in the rear!!!
I'm loving the torque of the Busa.. Just have the bug, and want to be faster,,, I'm sure everyone on here understands!!!!

Sorry i'm rambling!! Lets discuss the above questions!!!

Thanks guys,
Bruno

The header is a huge restriction. Throw a good race pipe ( Brocks not Yosh ) on it and see some good gains. Get the ECU flashed to remove all the non-sense removed and a good tune. Hard to beat the factory filter. Completely remove the pair valve system. Make more runs :thumbsup:

There is Alot of weight that comes off when you switch to a single side full exhaust. Ive read where its around 40lbs. Less weight equals faster results :whistle:

on a gen 2 you will loose almost 40 lbs going from stock to Brocks exaust . which should be right at 2 tenths off your et even if it doesn't increase horse power.

I have the Yoshi R55 system (for sale :D) and it took 33lbs off the bike, thats .1 for sure. I'm -1 and +3 on the gearing. Makes a big difference as well. I know it got me a solid .1 in the 1/8. If you aren't stretched you will never be able to ride it with that gearing though. When I was SWB I tried everything on the gearing and the STP's it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Just keep practicing. :thumbsup:

Back