Cool find for switchbacks

karnage

Registered
I was digging thru the socket boxes at the parts store and we came up with a 1157 metal insert.The old 1156 metal insert pushed out of the plastic housing and the 1157 one slides right in.I just had to cut the tab off the top so it can slide in but no changes to the socket or housing.$3 each socket with heavy wires.Now I need to get the swtichback bulbs and the right relay for LEDs to flash right.How many LEDs can fit in the housing??45-60-120??I want the brightest I can fit in.I will post pictures of the socket once I get it done.I did find an LED bulb with a projector 7watt.Supposed to be brighter.

I was digging thru the socket boxes at the parts store and we came up with a 1157 metal insert.The old 1156 metal insert pushed out of the plastic housing and the 1157 one slides right in.I just had to cut the tab off the top so it can slide in but no changes to the socket or housing.$3 each socket with heavy wires.Now I need to get the swtichback bulbs and the right relay for LEDs to flash right.How many LEDs can fit in the housing??45-60-120??I want the brightest I can fit in.I will post pictures of the socket once I get it done.I did find an LED bulb with a projector 7watt.Supposed to be brighter.

it fits in the current turn signal plugs?

Yes, you push the metal insert out of the stock plastic socket and push the 1157 metal insert in.The one I bought has a flange in top that needs to be cut off to fit all the way in the plastic socket but other than that, it will fit and no bother modding different sockets to fit the housing.

Got my sockets done today and that was pretty easy to do.Soldered some wires to make a pigtail to power the driving lights.Now to get the right flasher relay and pick some switchbacks and that will be done.

I'm pretty sure I have the 60s and there was room left. But then again I might have the 120s. Hrm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The 120s I found were 23 mm wide 54 mm long and they fit.There are so many now to choose from.Projector single led dual led.I want some that are 60/60 but I found some that were 40/80.

The load equalizers get hot and I have heard of them burning out.The relay will correct all four of my blinkers.The relay plugs in where the stock one is, just with the correct flash rate

would like to see what one it is because the last time i read about it the relays kept burning out but if someone has one that actually works

Back