Contrasting reactions.....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Eyewitness accounts.

American: "Oh my God! there was a man on fire, he was running about, I just ran for my life..I thought I was gonna die,he got so close to me"

Glaswegian "C##t wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

American: "I just wanna get home, away from here..I just wanna get home, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "Here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a fu#kin' plane!"

American: "There was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was hapening, i thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "Fu#k this fir a kerry oan, moan we'll get a pint in"

American: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life"

Glaswegian: "A swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

American: "there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "There wis a bang, y'know when y'throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that"

American: "I'm too traumatised even to speak, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian "Here mate, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

American: I have no F'n clue what that post was about!

YH2K, attempted bombing of Glasgow airport, have you not got world news reports in Alabama
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

(delboy @ Jul. 03 2007,03:58) YH2K, attempted bombing of Glasgow airport, have you not got world news reports in Alabama  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
He does.....

I guess he blocked CNN and MSNBC.

all_coholic.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Jul. 03 2007,02:01)
(delboy @ Jul. 03 2007,03:58) YH2K, attempted bombing of Glasgow airport, have you not got world news reports in Alabama  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
He does.....

I guess he blocked CNN and MSNBC.

all_coholic.gif
Why would he want to watch the Clinton News Network (CNN)
laugh.gif

And MSNBC, does anyone watch that network
rock.gif
? Well Yeah, I guess they do, but neither one lives in Alabama  
jump9.gif

I am sorry guys that you do not get this  
rock.gif
 but I will try and translate Glaswegian into English:

Eyewitness accounts.

American: "Oh my God! there was a man on fire, he was running about, I just ran for my life..I thought I was gonna die,he got so close to me"

Glaswegian "This man was on fire, so a ran up gave him a good kick, and that put him on the floor"

American: "I just wanna get home, away from here..I just wanna get home, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "I do not care what is going on, I am not leaving this airport until I am on the  fu#king plane!"

American: "There was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was hapening, i thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "lets forget this small problem my friend, lets get a pint of beer"

American: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life"

Glaswegian: "A walked past the vehicle that was on fire, and the idiot could not even open his boot, he was on fire as well, so I ran up to him gave him a good kick to the balls"

American: "there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian: "There was a bang, you know when you throw a deodorant can into the fire, it was like that".

American: "I'm too traumatised even to speak, I thought I was gonna die"

Glaswegian "Here my friend, can you give me 2 minutes so that I can phone my dear wife, if am going to be on the TV a want her to tape it"

Now do you see it "contrasting reactions"
poke.gif

OK I give in, humour is wasted on you guys
all_coholic.gif

I recently played golf with a guy from Scotland...I thought about throwing a few phrases such as this at him just to get his reaction.

Ok, ok, the whole 'Glaswegian' thing got me!

Thought maybe that was a denizen of Kentucky....

Hey, I have to support the prevailing stereotypes of us Alabamians dont I?
all_coholic.gif

Besides, I have always loved Scotch!

I understood it all first time through except for this part .."this fir a kerry oan,"

and I would point out that a "boot" is the car's hood over here....

(pward76 @ Jul. 03 2007,10:32) I understood it all first time through except for this part .."this fir a kerry oan,"

and I would point out that a "boot" is the car's hood over here....
I believe it's the trunk. Bonnet is the hood. But I could be wrong.

American: After reading this thread, I thought I was going to die. You killed Kenny you Basthids.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Back