Old photo I dug up from the B & W darkroom………Fire Truck pic

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I am rearranging my old darkroom to convert it into a digital darkroom and ran across many old B & W prints from a few years ago.

This is one of my daughter’s on my Godfathers fire truck. It is a 1918 American Lafrance, and has been restored to perfection. This truck was running so nice that you could hand crank it cold, and it would fire right up. It was actually used to fight several fires in the Tuskegee Al area. The outline pattern you see is hand laid gold leaf. I know all white may sound strange for a fire engine, but this was a color that was used on some trucks.

I am sure I will run across many more and will try to post them if I get a chance.

Thanks,
Bubba

KIRIAH ON WALTERS TRUCK '03 RESZD.jpg

There is something about the simplicity of a black & white that makes it so appealing. I have a few B&W photos framed in my house. I really enjoy 'em!

Hope you come across some more Bubba. You know we'd love to see them :thumbsup:

There is something about the simplicity of a black & white that makes it so appealing. I have a few B&W photos framed in my house. I really enjoy 'em!

Hope you come across some more Bubba. You know we'd love to see them :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I have a wall of Ansel Adams

I know what facilitated the shift.

Great idea, Bubba.

I know what facilitated the shift.

Great idea, Bubba.

Thanks Bro,
As of course you know, this is the daughter that we had lunch with at Garlic Joes, with Jim. She is also praying for his speedy recovery.
Bubba

i guess you process your own film?

thats cool, i process xray and gamma film, similar somewhat i think, developer rinse fix rinse rinse. id like to see a pic of the setup if you had one.

nice bw btw

i guess you process your own film?

thats cool, i process xray and gamma film, similar somewhat i think, developer rinse fix rinse rinse. id like to see a pic of the setup if you had one.

nice bw btw

Funny, the one thing I never took a picture of was the Darkroom. It was a dry room with only a bucket bath to hold while I went to the kitchen and washed the print. I stopped developing the film when I ran out of resources to do so (local college let me use their rinse and wash equip).

I never did Infrared, but was close to having a camera converted to that just prior to going digital.

What business do you do?
Thanks,
Bubba

Funny, the one thing I never took a picture of was the Darkroom. It was a dry room with only a bucket bath to hold while I went to the kitchen and washed the print. I stopped developing the film when I ran out of resources to do so (local college let me use their rinse and wash equip).

I never did Infrared, but was close to having a camera converted to that just prior to going digital.

What business do you do?
Thanks,
Bubba

industrial radiography. i shoot welds and interpret them. my cameras are just radioactive.:laugh:

ive always liked photography just never had the time money and time to get into it between everything else i do.:lol:

Wow, I work in a tooling machine shop and have had to qualify welders using your type of services. Very cool.:thumbsup:

I always tell people to buy a cheaper camera (SLR type) and save your money for the glass (Lenses). You should be able to get some great stuff cheap at ebay or even check out pawn shops.
Thanks and happy shuttering.:beerchug:

Back