Contemplating Selling

Jbaby1969

Registered
The thought of selling my bike has been on my mind lately. Unfortunately I know the minute I sell it I will regret it. Anyone else been through this before? It’s ten years old and has 2500 miles on it. It deserves to be used and enjoyed. I just don’t have the passion for it anymore.

If you don’t have the passion for it there’s your answer right there. If it sits for too long it will need some upkeep, and the value will essentially continue to fall as well so yeah at this point I’d sell it and use those funds for something else, savings, investments, paying off bills or simply transferring towards the hobby you are passionate about.

If you don’t have the passion for it there’s your answer right there. If it sits for too long it will need some upkeep, and the value will essentially continue to fall as well so yeah at this point I’d sell it and use those funds for something else, savings, investments, paying off bills or simply transferring towards the hobby you are passionate about.

True. I just went through the “upkeep” you’re talking about. I just hate to see it sit.

I agree, to own something just for the sake of owning it is never good.

I almost got out of motorcycling myself and oddly enough buying a Hayabusa is what sparked the passion again.

Only you can answer this question unfortunately...maybe if you had a decent riding partner, it might spark the desire to ride again??

I agree, to own something just for the sake of owning it is never good.

I almost got out of motorcycling myself and oddly enough buying a Hayabusa is what sparked the passion again.

Only you can answer this question unfortunately...maybe if you had a decent riding partner, it might spark the desire to ride again??

Actually that’s one of the reasons I parked it so long ago. Lack of other riders in the area.

one of the primary reasoni gave up riding. No one to ride with anymore. I will say this from experience. I gave up on it sold the bikes and called it good. Lasted 1 summer and i was so depressed and mad at myself my wife made me buy another bike and said never again. Riding is either in your blood and soul, or it isnt. It is in mine.

Actually that’s one of the reasons I parked it so long ago. Lack of other riders in the area.
Sounds like you lost desire to ride for real! I, like others mentioned, am a solo rider. The one thing that keeps me motivated is to have a destination when I ride. Even if it’s just an ihop at a small town 2 hours from home that I go to just for breakfast and then turn right back around. I’ve learned that if don’t plan a destination and just try to “go for a ride”, I’m not as motivated to jump on the bike. Kind of like having a goal.

There's an app called meetup that I joined few years back and had local people with group rides and a chance to meet a riding partner. Never bothered going just because im not a real social person but in the last year or so I found my cousin and met a bunch of new riders and found that having someone along fir the ride makes it a little more enjoyable and sometimes interesting. I say lookup the app or find someone ti drag out with you and see if that brings the enjoyment back if not then u know your probably done. But just in case if u do sell it hang on to that money as long as you can cause you might just be looking to replace it.

• Love
Reactions: c10
Not in Arizona

20191107_094742.jpg

I am not anti social but I also love riding by my self I just came back from a quick 200km round trip on my wing busa tomorrow every one is to busy these days so it makes it difficult to organise rides plus I make decisions quickly as to ride or not to ride :thumbsup:

After listening to you guys' stories, I reckon I'm very very happy with my riding career.
I have a riding buddy that is a great rider, always keen to ride, rings me up every Friday night to organize the weekend's rides, he's single, intelligent, passionate about bikes, and motivates me to get out there and hoon it on my Busa!
I'm also in a great position where I have very few time consuming commitments apart from work, and I work at a bike shop so I can get discounted maintenance parts etc to keep the cost down.
I have always been passionate about riding bikes and the freedom that comes with that.
I met a guy today who is 65, just got divorced from a 39 year marriage/term and he's just gone out and bought a brand new v twin cruiser bike and is enjoying himself so much meeting new people, he said it's a life saver for him.
I was so inspired by him, what a great way to rejuvenate your spirit and have joy again!! We swapped ph numbers and he's going to keep in touch for rides.
My point here is that the most important thing about motorcycling is meeting like minded souls, the social contact between people is crucial for our mental health and well being.
Being on this forum and meeting you all has been so good for me, even though I live alone I feel like I have family right here at home with me.
So Jbaby, don't be discouraged, you can get your first love back again and enjoy riding, you just need a good riding buddy, as others have also said.
I hope you make the right choice re selling or keeping your bike.
Give it more time mate. :thumbsup:

Back