Considering frame sliders

Closer up

FRONT_RIGHT.jpg

Slide on this !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095147361 -->

DSC01595.JPG

PACIFICBUSA Posted on Sep. 14 2004,09:22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pimpin, Rythm....pimpin... [/QUOTE]

http://busafied.com/phpbb/index.php is where you can find my how to mod on this install or go directly here

U know it baby, nuffn but st8 Pimpn

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095206669 -->

Is it possible to cut the holes WITHOUT having spaces around the sliders, or do you need the spaces so if you drop the bike there is a little wiggle room?  Also, what so you guys think of the onew with the led lights in them.  I saw those and i thought they were pretty cool.
cool.gif
Here is a pic of my frame sliders, I cut the holes just big enough so they fit tight with no space around them. You can really tell how tight they are with the white paint surrounding them. I do have to take the frame sliders off before I can remove the fairing but I think everyone has to do that and it doesnt really take any extra time.

The Led lighted ones might look cool if you got the right color, but I don't think those look as good in the daytime as the carbon fiber ones.

post_11_23586_paintedrightside.jpg

Nah, you can cut them anytime, just triple check the location of your pilot hole and put some duct tape over the paint where you drill, so it wont chip the paint. It really is not as hard as it seems, the hardest part is making that first hole, once you have done that it is easy.

Hey, Stealth, where did you get the rings for the holes? I have been looking or something like that.

Thanks for the complements on the edging in the slider holes.

It is actually wind screen trim from Cycle Gear.  You would put it in the edge of the wind screen to act as a wind tab.  It comes in many colors.

I lined the inside of the slider holes, as you can see, and made the two ends line up directly under the slider.

The only drawback is that the trim is pre glued.  So when you put it on an edge, you better leave it their bacause moving it around becomes messy.  The other thing is that right side gets so hot in stationary traffic, not all the time, but some, that the glue will melt and run down the fairing.  Not far, like about a half inch.  Again, under normal riding it does not happen.  I Would say that parade riding would make it happen the worst.

Stealth

Here's mine, and yes they are homemade and have been tested (not by accident)
Hey Doctor................how long are those?

I've been thinking about putting some on, but think I want to go with longer than the standard offerings. I've seen them extended in sizes of 4" and 5" from the frame, over the standard 3".
smile.gif

Scott

Back