Frame sliders

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
The wife has convinced me that frame sliders are cheaper than new plastics. Having said that I have a couple of questions:

What are some good brands and source of supply?

Is there a step by step tutorial on here that will keep me from having to buy new plastics anyway?

Don

PS. And someone send me some nerve to cut my fairings.
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif
drink.gif
here ya go. that is the next thing i want to do also

I can have a friend turn some billet ones if you are interested. Probably 50-60 bucks shipped to you. Let me know. I put a set of his on my wifes 600 and they are great. Let me know if you are interested.

Can't honestly say that one is better (can anyone?) than another but I am convinced of the build quality of my Motovation sliders. I used two round Rare earth magnets to find my bolt centers and it worked excellent. Be sure to double tape every surface you suspect will get even close to scuffing when you cut them.

Don,

I did mine today.  It was nerve racking.  I posted pictures earlier on the finished product.  I bought the Vortex 2 piece.

I used the 8mm allen screw approach and it worked pretty good.  I would suggest using a 1-3/4" hole saw and then use a rotary tool (dremel) to fine tune the hole. Hind site is crystal clear.

<!--EDIT|BlueHaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155520633 -->

Slider2__Small_.JPG

Don - I posted a couple of pics in yer other thread.. Bessie wears Double Hard Bastids...I like them because youcan change the heads on them rather than buy new sliders...

Back