Computer question

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I got this computerfHeavybusa for free (Thanks dude, you rock). I've got a couple Hard drives lying around from old computers, and I want to try to get some things off of them (Pics, etc), I also want to use one in connection with the current hard drive in the PC now. How do I hook them up? I'm computer Saavy enough to be able to take it apart and put it back together without breaking stuff. The 2 I have extra both have viruses, would these infect the current Hard Drive? My main thing is I have pics of the 900rr and some other funny stuff stored on the HD.

Crack open the case.
The cable from the motherboard to your current hard drive should have an additional connector.
The cable from the power supply to your current hard drive should have an additional connector.

Connect both of those to your secondary hard drive.
Make sure the red side of the power supply cable and the red side of the motherboard cable face one another.
Make sure the jumper on the 2nd hard drive is set to slave.
Make sure the jumper on the 1st hard drive (the one that's currently in the box) is set to master.

Power it up.

After it's powered up, you can run virus scan for the 2nd drive to clean off the cooties.

(BiG-T @ Jan. 21 2007,22:45) Crack open the case.
The cable from the motherboard to your current hard drive should have an additional connector.
The cable from the power supply to your current hard drive should have an additional connector.

Connect both of those to your secondary hard drive.
Make sure the red side of the power supply cable and the red side of the motherboard cable face one another.
Make sure the jumper on the 2nd hard drive is set to slave.
Make sure the jumper on the 1st hard drive (the one that's currently in the box) is set to master.

Power it up.

After it's powered up, you can run virus scan for the 2nd drive to clean off the cooties.
cool, thasnks

Make sure you have virus protection running and up to date BEFORE hooking the second drive up.

The drives may be newer cable select IDE. The way I usually do it.... If the hard drive and CDROM are on different cables, disconnect the CDROM and use that cable.

Did you neglect to mention your virus problem on that hard drive?

Just remember this

how-to-stop-computer-viruses-with-a-condom-on-the-modem-lead-ANON.jpg

(heavybusa @ Jan. 21 2007,23:09) Did you neglect to mention your virus problem on that hard drive?

Just remember this

how-to-stop-computer-viruses-with-a-condom-on-the-modem-lead-ANON.jpg
didn't forget...
beerchug.gif

Back