Need a computer geek

blazzinbird

Registered
I need some help, my internet is running slow. It takes forever for pages to load i.e firefox, internet explorer. Is there any free sites out there to scan my computer to see whats wrong? Im about to wipe the hard drive clean and start from scratch "dont want to though" So any help appricated.

I use dsl via wireless router. Good conection, when it connects it is super fast.

Try adaware.com or trendmicro.com (Housecall scan) Both have free scans that catch everything.

Be careful about adding another program to your already overworked system.
When is it at it's slowest? Start-up?
Do you have Yahoo IM or any of the IM chat programs?
Pick one and scrap the rest. Eats up way too much RAM
I can send you a clean-up program that you run every night before you shut down/or not.
It wipes all of your Temp files/Internet History files/cookies.....it really does an excellent job.
Another problem is registries. Whenever you download a new program and then get rid of it, all the registration and connection information remains. Sometimes these files worm their way into your start-up.

Shut down every program you can and defragment your hard drive.

--Wag--

- delete ALL browser cache files, passwords, offline pages, everything in whatever browser you are using. RESET everything to default again
- take EVERYTHING out of STARTUP folder and move it back a level
- Run: msconfig, goto STARTUP tab, disable EVERYTHING listed in it
- reboot
- goto: http://speedtest.net/ and verify your download speed *NOTE the upload speed on these is usually not right

Back