Complete Faring Hardware Kit Advice

SR-71

Registered
Hi everyone,

I would like to purchase a complete faring hardware kit with all nuts, bolts, grommets and fasteners in black

I've been checking on eBay and there are so many variations that claim to be complete sets for 2007 Hayabusa with pieces ranging from from 177 to over 250

I could really use some advice

Thank you for your time and consideration

Yours truly,

SR 71

Hi SR 71 ,
you might want to try Probolt , they should give you a choice of 3 materials , Stainless Steel in black , Titanium in black as well as Aluminum . The rubber grommets etc , may have to be sourced from Suzuki .
Firstly , as bigoltool implied , aluminum fasteners can deteriorate in ways over time , such as the thread itself , the tool bit receptor channel on each fastener generally can distort over time , and chips and discolors quickly . The bonus would be the lightest possible fastener , and if you have a lot of spares , then you can swap them out regularly , at some expense .
Stainless and Titanium are available with DLC , same / similar black coating found Gen 2 fork stanchion . Both of these type of fasteners should last for years . The stainless being the heaviest option of all three materials , but should be the middle ground in regards to price . The titanium is really the ultimate for good weight and strength and durability , but expect to pay for these beauties .
Best thing about buying quality fasteners is fitting them up to your bike , swapping old for new as you go , and after admiring the very noticeable transformation . :thumbsup:

Back