competition werkes fender eliminator

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at getting an undertail or fender eliminator for the Busa. I have seen the top gun and ufo's but have never seen anyone here with a competition werkes fender eliminator. Has anyone had one and if they did or do, how does it rate compared to the others? I am looking at the stainless steel with the mirrored finish.

MIRRORED_1300_copy1.jpg

Get a Topgun or something like it. you won't be disappointed. The one you are looking at is inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. I have a friend selling an undertail with hardware, never mounted. It's like a topgun, but retains the stock taillight. Painted black, think he wants $100 for it. If you want, I'll ask him if he still has it.

You might want to try bronc's idea. I wish I had asked; I just ordered the Topgun. I don't like the turn signal set-up on the Werkes; just my opinion, though.

bill

I hate those. Very cheesy lookingl. what is your budget? I can help you find what you want.

do you care to keep the stock tail light look?

are blinkers important?

let me know.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107986086 -->

Bronc3 I'm interested in the undertail.
Just talked to him, he want's 125 bucks. It is just like a topgun, but uses your stock taillight. Pretty sure he has the directions with it, but you have to cut the square reflector portion of your light off and flip the mounting bracket over. Think the install on alliedbarter.com shows this exact undertail being installed. I have actually been considering buying it myself. I still have my stock taillight & bracket. All I need is a taillight connector & I could change undertails in a few minutes.

Don't like the look of the CW undertail either. Looks too cheesy, but if you want one that maintain the stock taillight try the one from the The Motorhead over at sh.org. Looks good and is quite functional. Presents no problems if you want to lower the rear of the bike.

I am just tossing around ideas. The only pics I have seen of the competition werkes is the one I posted. I was just trying to find something a little different then what everyone else has. If any thing else I am thinking the one from CSC looks good. I just don't want to be the same as everone else. Thanks for the replies guys.

I understand. The only problem is since there aren't that many makers somebody's gonna have it.

If you go with the blinkers and taillight integrated, is everything with the kit, or do you have to buy that seperate?

You either have to buy an integrator kit or Clear Alternatives makes an <a href="http://www.shopserv3.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CA&Category_Code=GSXR1300+%28Hayabusa%29">integrated light kit<a>.

Well man I can tell you I used the competition werkes on my busa and I am totally happy with it. I have stainless steel fairing grilles on my bike so the stainless steel undertail blended in with my bike REALLY well. I would not get the mirrored finish if I were you though it does look cheesy. Also unless you are gonna put in fairing grilles you might wanna go with an undertail. But for the way I set my bike up it looks really good. I have taken it to bike night and a lot of people have came up and asked about it really liking it. Another aspect of the CW kit that drew me to it was retaining the factory tail light. After you cut it and dremel it down Damn is it sexy as hell from the back view. I love the red oval look. But you gotta go with what you like bro. Hope this helps.

Thanks busa_boy_69. Any pics of it on your bike? I would like to see a full view once.

I know man I would love to let you see it cuz I was very skeptical of the kit before I bought it to and I didn't know ONE person that had one I could look at. The only reason I have never posted pics of my bike before is #1 I have no scanner and #2 I dont have a digital camera. My cousin has been wanting to get some pics of it and offered to come over with his digital camera and help me out so I can save some on my computer. Only thing is I have been waiting for the warmer weather so I could actually get the bike out of the garage and take them . I can try and hook you up with a shot of the back next time he is over if you aren't in a major hurry. I am sympathetic here cuz I was really unsure how that kit would look but like I said with the fairing grilles all I can say is yeah baby I likes! My bike has had a bit done to it.

2003 blk/silver....mods in order of application
#1) Zero Gravity SR windscreen dark smoke
#2) K and N air filter
#3) Yoshimura dual race baffle rs3's
#4) Dynojet PCIII usb
#5) Vortex frame sliders - actual cut fairing sliders
#6) Stainless steel fairing grilles
#7) Michelin Pilot Power tires
#8) Galfer Stainless steel brake lines and hh pads
#9) DID 530zvm x ring chain
#10) Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit
#11) Street glow 9" neon tube (red) under tail

Just post pics whenever you get time. I would really like to see it. No hurry. I've got a couple months before steady riding occurs anyway. Thanks.:)

Just post pics whenever you get time.  I would really like to see it.  No hurry. I've got a couple months before steady riding occurs anyway.  Thanks.:)
You and me both man. In ohio until about the middle of April your riding days are few and far between. I am so jonesing for a ride it's killing me. Well last weekend it was actually low 50's and the first time I had it out of the garage in like a month and a half I got a speeding ticket so my luck with riding has not been good lately. lol

UM, I had a "Fender Eliminator" at my house for about a week. Then sent it back. It was in my opinion a complete waste of money. On some other bikes I have seen them look pretty good. But once I got my box of Sheet metal and shitty instructions I was completely unthrilled. So the Short answer is that they aren't worth the money.

I'd keep shopping.

Well I would agree the instructions with it SUCKED ASS! It took me literally 7 hours to get the job done it was a major pain in the ass. But like I said I do not see looks wise why everyone seems to be dissing them cuz I think mine looks good and have got many compliments on it. But to each his own

Well I would agree the instructions with it SUCKED ASS! It took me literally 7 hours to get the job done it was a major pain in the ass. But like I said I do not see looks wise why everyone seems to be dissing them cuz I think mine looks good and have got many compliments on it. But to each his own

Bumping an ancient thread, due to the fact I just received my werkes undertail.

Kind of an unimpressive delivery, 1 piece of sheet metal, and two 'brackets'.

You have to remove the tail and gently bend the flat undertail piece to get it 'moulded' properly.

The cuting instructions are brutal, and the fact they've been scanned terribly and reprinted make the images on them pretty difficult to understand.

I have a grey busa, so the metallic isn't that bad, but I could see how it could turn ppl off.

All in all, I like the machined look, so I"m happy with it for the most part.

IMG01090-20100725-1229.jpg

Back