Communications

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for decent bike to bike communications. Will be used mostly on dirtbikes with my son, but also on Busa when I take daughter along so it will need to be capable of rider/passenger intercom.

Looking at the Chatterbox HJCFRS sports. Anyone using these that can give input and best price? Board Sponsors?
Thanks.

I have always wanted just about the same thing as you are looking for. Just never could cough up the $$ for them.

I also wanted to be able to listen to music, cell phone, etc..

You are probably right on the money with Chatterbox

Good luck! Curious to see what you buy and how it works for you!

Hank, I have the one you mentioned...it works great. I also use it to communicate with my family in the car using one of the little walkie talkies from Wal-mart. The HJCFRS sports has channels 1 and 8.
super.gif

I have the HJC FRS. I love it. Like Don said, communicates on Channels 1 or 8 of the FRS spectrum.

Turn the volume up and use a PTT (Push-To-Talk) button.

I have Cardo Wireless (blue tooth) - both FM and Teamset. They have active volume control and noise-cancelation microphones. FM is for single rider, lets you listen to FM radio and cell-phone, Teamset is for passenger communication (cell-phone and intercom, but does not support FM).

Works quite well - even at 75MPH.

Don't know about bike to bike - I think that the intercom range may be too short.

Thanks for the info Bay Busa. I have been looking at all of the different models and went with the Cardo Bluetooth headset. I will let you know how it works. I just bought an 07 Busa last week to make my 140 mile a day commute to work.

Autocom.
bowdown.gif
All hardwired into bike. Just plug in and go. Can hook up whatever you wish. All VOX too which has gotten really good. We've been able to talk at 110 mph.
beerchug.gif

Img_9442_Autocom.jpg

Got a good deal on some Chatterbox FRS-X2's for bike to bike (for the dirtbikes) and an HJC-50 for intercom on Busa.
Used the FRS X2 for intercom on ride last weekend due to dead battery on HJC-50. Worked out well, but got wind noise over 65mph. Going to try wind socks or maybe new headsets.
The HJC-50 was part of the package deal. If it works after new battery installed, it may be available here.

Back