Communications Bike to Bike to Pasenger

chofromcalpoly

Registered
I'm trying to find a communication system that is the best for talking to other bikes or to passengers. Something that I can hook up music and scanners up to with the best range.

I tried chatter box but wasn't really impressed. I heard of autocom. I'm wonderin what chp uses...and if its good also. Any hams out there that can help?

Thanks
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

no matter what you get, consider the NOJ quiet rider helmet covers that cover the bottom of the helmet. Takes out all the wind noise etc. Jr and I use the chatterbox all the time. No problems even above 80 mph etc. Listen to music, whole 9.

JD

a buddy of mine bought a used set of collett communicators and we have used them through torrential rain and high speeds and had no issues, but the distance is not great. We even had music for them. just my .02
smile.gif

hey johnstein, where can I find those sweet deals on the autocom??? Can u provide me the weblink if its not the autocom website itself? thanks.
You might have trouble finding one of those half off deals. From talking to several dealers, that was the first time autocom had offered those deals and it was becuase they are coming out with a new system. That deal had been running since October or so....all the places that I have looked have already sold out. You could try:
PCP Linky
Ask for Eric...he's awesome! Mention the .ORG and see if he can help you out. He's the guy that sold me my system.

Hope that helps. Down side tot he autocom though is that you have to buy the radio transceiver for Bike to Bike, separately. Keep that in mind. I sold my Chatterbox unit, but the nice thing about it is it was one unit.....again, with autocom, you have to buy the unit, then you have to buy another radio for the B2B.

Back