Come visit downunder and say hi to our wildlife..

ottafish

Registered
I HATE them with every ounce of my being..

IMG_20200917_221620.jpg

I recall the safety lecture when we were on a tactical exercise "down under." It was long and scary...but it made us really do a good boot shake in the mornings..a few times some nasty thing would fall out...

Kind of like the safety brief in Florida when we were on a tactical exercise there...the brief was longer than the exercise. Everything from 'gators to fire ants to killer bees, to nasty spiders and snakes, etc, etc...it was winter here when we came back and I was never so glad to see cold and snow in my life

The odd time Rubb has a differing opinion than some. :D Had a tarantula as a pet. Also a 7" scorpion,an' iguana,boa constrictor,piranha,etc. Sharks are hard to keep in captivity but you can have aquarium sized ones of course. I had like 10 different species. I had a real nasty red-tail black shark that would launch himself outa his tank and into the tank beside that had 1 nasty piranha in it. I was always lucky enough to get them separated before they killed each other. Till one day the shark jumped too far clearing the piranha tank and landing on the floor where he died. Dumb bastid.
One day I was gonna toss some food in for "Boris" the spider.I looked in his environment and didn't see the big hairy bastid. So I lifted the lid and AHHH he was attached to the bottom of it...scared the krap outa me.
Looked in on the scorpion one day and it was evident that I had a female as I now had about 25 scorpions.
Line from the movie "Crocodile Dundee"
Mick says:
"No, I'm not putting down your black widow spider, but the funnel-web spider can kill a man in eight seconds, just by looking at him."

cropped-FemaleFunnelWebWiki-1.jpg

Rubb.

Next time that shark gets into "chomping" things that he shouldn't chomp, take the shade off a plugged in lamp and shove the bulb end of it in his tank to jolt some sense into him ...

Back