Color code-Where?

PORT

Registered
Corbin just left a message that they just finished building my beetle bags(told me 5-6 weeks, turned out 2 days,?)  and they are waiting on a color code from me. Is it stamped on bike somewhere? 03 LE Pumpkin (Copper)         Thanks

Dunno if it is in the VIN or not.  Everyone usually says get the color from Colorite.  Problem is I talked to them once, and they said there are a few different '03 limited oranges out there.

I'd be interested in seeing how good of a match you get because the undertail and huggers I've purchased, while extremely close, were both different from eachother, and different from the bike.  I could be a little picky I guess, cause noone else ever notices.

Good Luck, and if you don't mind, email me with pics and your opinions when you get your bags.

Here's a link to a VIN code decipher thing. I don't think the color is in there like on cars. Dunno if it's on the backs of the fairings or not.

VIN Code decipher thing

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139095441 -->

I got some of the 03 Anniversary paint from Colorite and it didn't match, they even have a * next to the part number for the paint saying factory variance.

I got some of the 03 Anniversary paint from Colorite and it didn't match, they even have a * next to the part number for the paint saying factory variance.
Yep. That's what I was saying.

You know, I wonder if you sent your hump to them, if they could mix to match it. When I was looking to get a custom helmet done, they asked to leave a sample so they could mix to match. Just a thought.

I'm not sure how many paint supply houses have the right machine but, there are some that can put a piece of your body work under the scope and get a real close match up. My PPG guys can do it.

just fer yer general info... RSD.

I am pretty sure that machine is called a spectrometer.Used it when i was a printer

Now I am apprehensive to use the Touch up pen I bought for mine from Color rite. Suzuki calls this color Burning Copper If I recall correctly. And not to be picky but they use a Sprectrophotometer or a colorimeter to measure color typically. Most good paint shops should have one. You may even be able t get the L-A-B values from the paint shop and send them to Corbin. There is usually a lot of variation between meters though so???

I do know from experience with having my inners painted, the anniversary orange needs sprayed over a black base primer. There's an imense difference in color based on the base coat. when shot over typical grey primer the appearance is much more orange than copper, when shot over jet black, the appearance is much more copper than orange. Ideally, a slightly lightened black, very very dark grey is good!

Just my experience

AAAAAAAAGH, are you guys(girls) kidding me!!! There must be a color code somewhere on the bike, You guys(girls) are the experts, heellllppplp

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "f word not nessecary."|1139115907 -->

Back