Code issue help on Gen 1 Busa

tommyv

Registered
My bike just stranded me. I did a search and saw how to jump the plug to figure out what the chec code is. Problem is I cant find that plug. Bike was running great! Shut off to put air in the tire..When I went to restart, I got the chec code. I can smell fuel, fuel pump turns on, starter turns over but can tell im not getting spark. Any ideas while Im waiting for a ride? Thanks in advance!

Try disconnecting the battery and wait for a couple of minutes. Reconnect and see if she starts.

Yep, if you're getting no FI light the bike isn't throwing a code. Did you fill up with gas while getting air ?

Did you lift the kickstand? I know but I've done that before....:banghead:

Edit:
Never mind, you said the bike turns over so yeah, you lifted the kickstand. :laugh:

Yes I did. Forgot to mention I have a tether switch on the bike. Think it was the cause...after pulling and inserting a few times she fired right up

Seems like maybe a new problem developed, or the original problem came to light. When approaching 6, 7000 rpms, it feels like the bike loses all power and dies. F1 light came on, but cleared when bike restarted. Went home, grabbed my jumper and repeated. This time, bike stayed running when F1 light came on. Was able to pull the codes...C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Ive ridden the bike for over a year and its been great..never a code. Recently changed a plug..will recheck my work and make sure everything is tight and nothing pinched.

Bad electrical connection somewhere. When you hit just the right rpm, the mechanical resonance affects a poor connection and disrupts it for a moment. You will be getting inconsistent codes all the time. What year is the bike? How many miles? Where it's kept? If the bike is more than 5 years old, and seen its share of humidity, you've got oxidized connections. I had '01 which a couple of years ago started doing this to me. Opened every connector on the bike, sprayed contact cleaner, let it dry, stuffed dielectric grease and closed. Never had a problem again. Don't bother figuring out which connector is bad - a waste of time because if one is bad, a few others are going bad as well and are on their way to fail. Take it as a sign. The best few hours you will ever spend.

Thanks IG! Sold the bike as is with the seller aware of the code issues. Came across a deal on a built 09 I couldn't pass up!

Back