Cold Map Bypass?

Haverchuck

Registered
Hello ya'll, frequent lurker for almost a year now and finally needed to ask a question myself.

I'd like to bypass the warm-up map in a '22 gen3. Does anyone have experience in doing this?
I've seen car mods putting resistors inline since the ECM, to my understanding, sends X volts to the ECT and measures temps based on return voltage.

In theory could I do that type of mod with a 14k resistor to the B/Br wire coming from the ECM?

Please let me know if there's an existing method and I'm jumping the gun here.

All help is appreciated!!

why do you want to bypass the warmup map?
Been having an issue for months with the bike jumping between insanely rich and lean, 8.6 to 21, it starts choking up. We've put the ECU in stock and also re-tuned and tested in another busa to have the issue repeat regardless. I think the ETC may be faulty and causing the warmup map to cross over when it shouldn't.

you should see the coolant temp move around on the gauge if this is true, the gauge doesn't show much until you hit 100 degrees or so and it is pretty filtered, but if you connected an OBD2 scanner you can monitor actual coolant temperature to see.

The manual shows resistance values for a few temps, you could remove the connector and put a resistor in for a fixed temperature as a way to try and diagnose, but in my opinion, a scanner hooked to the bike might be the easiest path to see what is going on with it, or get a multimeter probe to the signal side of the sensor and monitor the voltage when the bike does weird stuff.

Back