Coerce Fender

Update: Chapter711 is offering to replace the fender asap or offer $50.00 off the fender I have. Not really sure if I should exchange it, as it sounds like CF is hard to get perfect and who knows how the next one would be. Also, thinking for the $50.00 I could buy my buddy the clear and have him shoot it for me, and things should be all good.

What should I do
rock.gif
Return it and hope for a better one or just take the refund & have my buddy clear it? Either way this guy seems like a really good guy to deal with & will buy from him again, just unfortunate the fnder had a little blemish in it.
wink.gif

Go with the refund dude. Chances are the next one will have something small thatll bother you. Use clear plastic polish and scratch remover. It really works well with cleaning carbon up. Good luck.

Update: Chapter711 was good to his word. Refunded me $50.00 and also left positive feedback, as I did the same for him. This wasnt about taking the money and running, or just getting it done....this was about a business transaction. A product was offered as new, and when I got the product I along with a few friends agreed that there was a visible flaw in the fender. Yes, I believe another coat or 2 of Clear will fix it, but I didnt buy a $250.00 part that required clearing, and polishing the part wont take out the low-spot.

Now, if I had $250.00 to throw around like confetti, I still would have contacted the seller and brought the flaw to his attention and ask for a reasonable resolve to the issue. I never asked for a partial refund, the seller offered it as a possible resolve if I agreed to it. Also a replacement fender was offered, and the choice was given to me. I believe the seller of the fender, and myself came to a mature, and ethical decision. Anyhow, the seller was one of the best merchants I've dealt with on ebay. As stated before, it was unfortunate the fender had a blemish, but in the end the seller took care of the customer, and the customer will purchase more from the seller. Its a win-win situation for both. Customer service goes a long way, as does customer loyalty. Happy Ending - The End
smile.gif

i got the oppracing fender and its pretty beautiful. not perfect, but pretty damn close. I drilled mine with a regular drill bit and used the stock plastic caps as well and had no problems. the imperfection is that on the top, towards the back of the fender where it is tucked away there is a really small indentation but its all smooth and stuff so im not sure if its supposed to be like that or not. im happy though
smile.gif

The rear carbon fiber wing on every Mitsubishi Evolution I have recieved has minor imperfections. My parts and service guy says all real carbon fiber is like that. You have to look hard, but the small differences in weave are noticable, usually at the corners. I'm no expert but apparently it's normal??

My Coerce seems to be near perfect. It's been mounted without the plastic spacers from day one with no problems whatsoever. It is a really nice product, IMO.

Back