Coerce Fender

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Just got the Coerce fender today, and noticed on the left side of the front part of the middle fender - there is a small indentation in the CF. The blemish is not in the clear coat, as the top finish is smooth but looks like someone may have touched the fender when the carbon fiber was being laid/ wet - maybe 1/4" by 1/8" blemish.

If little flaws are considered normal with CF, than cool - let me know. Or should I contact the distributor I purchased it from and ask for a new fender? You really cant see the flaw in the picture, but when the lights catch the fender in the right area, you can see it.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

How much did you spend? If you spent more than $140 or so, I'd say it better be perfect for that much. At the very least you should get some sort of credit...

1 more question: I didn't get any mounting hardware with the fender. Im using the stock bolts, but can't use the original plastic washers (or what ever you call them). Should I use some sort of rubber gromet/washer to protect the CF? Sorta afraid to torque the fender down - metal bolt against CF
rock.gif

Unless your friend did the CF in his back yard garadge and gave you a great price, the CF should be flawless  
umnik.gif

I suggest you take it back or contact the company you bought it from !

Purchased it from Chapter711 from Ebay. This guy has a good rating and seems to be a Coerce distributor - I droped him a msg, & I will see what sorta response I get. Will keep this thread updated.
wink.gif

Valium,
Get the manufacturer to replace it. For that much scratch, it should be perfect. The design should incorporate the rubber bushing/washer and the hardware for that much.

Most carbon bits arent always perfect. Opp racing has the best suff Ive seen. They use a different resin that doesent have that bluish tint and is less likely to stress crack.

I had mine re-cleared and it took all the dips and stuff out. Carbon is not the easiest material to work with. Also, I opened the mounting holes a little and used the stock plastic spacers

P2100003.JPG

Flawless CF parts can be hard to find. I tried 3 front fenders before finally finding a brand that satisfied me (Magical Racing). Then, I polished it.
smile.gif

fender1.jpg

I had mine re-cleared and it took all the dips and stuff out. Carbon is not the easiest material to work with. Also, I opened the mounting holes a little and used the stock plastic spacers
I was also thinking of opening up the mounting holes a little - Is CF delicate to work with? If you could elaborate a little, what size bit did you use & did you use a high speed drill, I have a Dewalt, but that thing has alot of power. Just a little aprehensive at doing this, as I dont want to crack or split the CF.

Appreciate all the input, thanks all.

Val, use a uni bit. Just go slow and easy. Carbon is very forgiving to work with. If youve ever drilled anything before you cant hurt it.:;):

Update" Chapter711 already responded to my email and is willing to discount the fender or exchange it. Not sure what he is willing to do for a discount, but this guy seems good to deal with, will let ya'll know what goes down with this. Good info on the Unibit - can i get this at the hardware store - is it one of those bits that look like a spinning-top?

clrwtrbusa - did your fender some with any bolts, or any hardware? And were your directions also in japaneese...lol
wink.gif

Update" Chapter711 already responded to my email and is willing to discount the fender or exchange it. Not sure what he is willing to do for a discount, but this guy seems good to deal with, will let ya'll know what goes down with this. Good info on the Unibit - can i get this at the hardware store - is it one of those bits that look like a spinning-top?

clrwtrbusa - did your fender some with any bolts, or any hardware? And were your directions also in japaneese...lol
wink.gif
Mine came with no hardware. I used the stuff off my stock fender. Also came with no directions.

Yep, the spinning top looking bits are the ones. A little expensive, but one does many size holes.
Keep us posted on progress

Also, I ordered mine thru here
http://www.pacmax.com/

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136734706 -->

Back