Clutch replacement questions

servion

Registered
I am in the middle of putting in a welded clutch mod and new set of OEM steels and fibers into my '05 busa, and I have a few questions.

1) How do I measure the stack height? I'd like to know what its going to be set at... do I measure it in our out of the bike? Am I shooting for straight 2.000"?

2) The manual I have is only through 03 or 04 I believe, and mine is an 05, and a few things look different. It talks about using a magnet to remove some pin (sorry I don't remember exactly what it calls it but it looks long and skinny, like some sort of alignment pin). I don't think mine has that

3) I haven't checked the part #'s on the bags yet to be sure, but the OEM steels and fiber kit I have appears to have 3 thicker steels, while the manual I have says there should be 2. Did they add another thicker steel in the 05 busas?

4) I'm also putting in some barnett springs and a clutch slave support. Where the hell does that support bracket go lol? I can't see where its supposed to be installed.

ur slave support goes on the upper left on the outside of the front sprocket cover against the slave cylinder,and your clutch issue just count how many you took out and install the same amount just as they came out and make sure u torque everything to spec

Last edited:
Measure the stack height out of the bike. 2.00" We measure all of our clutch kits and package them already at 2.00"

Jay

Back