Clutch or gearbox ?

nigelm

Registered
The gear selection on my K2 makes a clunky noise when changing gear, going into 2nd / 3rd is the most noticeable. 4/5/6 are fine. The selection is ok, no missed shifts or poping out of gear. Also going into 1st from neutral you get a very noticebale clunk.

I have checked the obvious, the engine sprocket cover was cracked leting the clutch cylinder push back, I replaced that and fitted a support bracket. The chain has been tensioned, and the cush drive rubbers repalced. I also changed the oil. All these things have helped but the problem is still there. I can lessen the problem by matching revs on the gear change.

I am wondering if the clutch is not releasing properly, (it feels ok) or maybee somthing in the gearbox, or maybee this is normal (my first busa so I have nothing to compare with).

Almost forgot, I fitted an aftermarket shift-star kit as well, this improve the shifting but the clunk is still there.

Any thoughts would be apreachiated.

I take it that this is a comon 'feature' of the hayabusa. Is there anything that can be done to improve things?

Great Forum

yeah mine does this too,and i also hear a wine type sound when i downshift to 1st gear and when upshifting too.but it seems only real noticible in 1st and 2nd gears.i wish i could figure this out as well it drives me nuts LOL!

Back