Clutch looses presure after sitting

BUSANAS

Registered
I moved my bike in a truck and ever since if the bike sits the clutch looses pressure and wont disengage completely. If I sit there and pump it 20 or so times it gets pressure back but never seems right. Should I just bleed it or is there something else going on? Its never been bled and the fluid is not low. Brakes are not affected which would rule our the drastic elevation change since moving.

Bleed it.
If that does not fix it, the master cylinder likely needs a rebuild kit.
$20 to $30 and only a few minutes work.
There is always the small possibility of a brake line leaking too, and fluid will not always be visible.
The hoses have more than one layer and can have a very small air leak.

I think the clutch line is a steel line for part of the way (gen 2) so there are 2 connections to leak. All you need is a drop or two. I think the truck ride is a coincidence but if it pumps up sounds like a MC to me.

Bleed it.
If that does not fix it, the master cylinder likely needs a rebuild kit.
$20 to $30 and only a few minutes work.
There is always the small possibility of a brake line leaking too, and fluid will not always be visible.
The hoses have more than one layer and can have a very small air leak.

Typo, "brake line" should be clutch line.
I just noticed it, sorry.

Going to get a Mighy Vac today and bleed the clutch see if thats it. If it continues I guess braided lines are next maybe a rebuild kit.

Going to get a Mighy Vac today and bleed the clutch see if thats it. If it continues I guess braided lines are next maybe a rebuild kit.

If bleeding doesn't fix it, it most likely needs a master cyclinder rebuild kit.
It's a new piston, spring, snap-ring, and seals.
Quick, easy, and cheap. All you need is a Phillips head screwdriver to take the cap off, and snap-ring pliers.
No harm in putting a ss clutch line on, but they are around $75, vs $20 for a mc rebuild kit.

Could be a bent rotor :whistle:

Sounds like air and after bleeding if it happens again you might have to look for a leak that the truck ride created. Best of luck with it.

Back