Clutch lever fell off.

dashlock

Registered
I was driving home the other day, reached for the clutch lever to downshift, and the lever was gone. I drove up and down the 2 lane highway but could not find the lever.

So I ordered a replacement for $15 from ebay. It was for a gen 1 Busa, and I have a 08 gen 2. I had read here that they were the same.

Now I need to get the pin.

I had 2 questions.

Can someone confirm that the lever is the same between the 2 generations?

Is there anything else I need besides the pin?

Thanks

Dang. Makes me wanna check mine now. Seems like 3rd time since i joined the board i seen a post like this

I currently have aftermarket Gen1 levers on my Gen2. No issues with installation or operation of either one considering some aftermarket levers have more/less tolerance compared to OEM . If you bought OEM Gen1 levers then you shouldn't have no issues with installation or operation.

Mine fell off also...speeding on the highway with my wife pinion...scary...killed the engine with the switch...was waiting for her to buck...fuel injected pffft!

Interchangeable. Main difference is the fairing is different. Right side will touch with aftermarket levers at full lock unless you adjust the reservoir cluster just right.

As for falling off, dood, that's scary!

Loctite 2x.

It is an OEM lever. So now I'll check with the local dealer for the bolt/nut/sleeve and apply the loctite. Thanks for the help!

Fortunately I had no stop lights or signs left for the rest of my commute. Although I did kill it once and had to get it rolling then pop it into gear.

I'm missing some good riding weather for a few days :(

I noticed that the nut on my clutch lever was gone,,, dont know for how long,, but i replaced it with a nut that has the nylon in it. I guess this is just another quirk the Gen II's have.

Use BLUE loctite as the red stuff is considered permanent. There may be a time that you need to get it off and on a small nut like that you may wind up stripping it if you use the red stuff.

Did you have the lock nut on the underside of it tightened? If the lock nut on the bottom isn't tightened the lever screw will back out easily... I caught mine a lont time ago doing that after I replaced my levers.

I couldn't wait for the OEM bolt to arrive so I had a friend rig me something on his lathe. We copied the brake lever bolt. He created a sleeve, but the original was built into the bolt.

I'll post pics when I pick it up from the dealer.

I was able to remove with wrenches and secured with loctite. A little red loctite since that is what I had.

Back