clutch lever fell off

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
i was riding down the highway with my gf on the back when the clutch began feeling wierd, couldn't take time to inspect, too much traffic...anyways after abit i flet the clutch loose...i thought DAMN...clutch cable...this is my first hydraulic bike..anyways i look down & see the lever coming off in my hand!!!.....ok don't...panic...i thought ....cleared my mirrors for traffic...guided the bike over to the emergency stop & killed the red start switch....then i held on worried if while dying the bike was going to buck....this is my first injector bike....all was safe...recovery crew came & attached a bolt to get me home. i believe the bolt might have come loose or got damaged when my dad helped me drop the bike 2 weeks ago

DSC01029.jpg

I would like to get back an original bolt & nut...also if there is a bushing that goes with it....any advice???

Replace it with the right stuff and you are done. You may want to put a little thread lock on it as well. Add the bolt/nut to the Preventative Maintenance Schedule to check from time to time. They do seem to work themselves loose...

This is a good reminder to all, check those nuts and bolts from time to time...

Good news is that OEM bolt screws in and then you install the nut, so the nut alone won't cause the lever to move.

Back