clutch hub nut + air compressor?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
i'm looking for a air compressor to remove the clutch hub nut, what kind will do the job? i tried with a 150 psi 30 gallon and it didn't work. also what is the torque for the gp sensor? i couldn't find it in the 2 manuals i got. thanks

IMO

If you have not got a compressor yet, then you would have to buy a compressor and impact gun.

Go electric.
Makita makes a super electric impact gun and you don't have to mess with a compressor.
It goes to 110 foot pounds.
I use it and it works great!

Publication1_edited.jpg

Last edited:
+1. i didnt have an air compressor yet and i just borrowed my friends electric impact gun. i forgot what rediculous ft/lbs it was ( i wanna say around 625-650) but it STILL took a good 15 secs 2 get the damn thing 2 even start turning.

did you use the same 625 ft/lbs impact gun to put the nut back on? i found a 125 compresor and a 25messed up 0 ft/lbs impact gun for under 200 is that safe? i just don't wan to messed up anything. i also want to be able to paint with it. anybody know the torque value for the gp sensor assy?

Last edited:
Hey if you want bigger :laugh:

3/4 inch electric impact: 433 ft lbs of torque,

and the grand daddy:

1 inch electric impact: 738 ft lbs torque.
That would take off the nut if it was welded on. :laugh:

three quarter inch 433 ft lbs.jpg

1 inch 738 ft lbs.jpg

did you use the same 625 ft/lbs impact gun to put the nut back on? i found a 125 compresor and a 25messed up 0 ft/lbs impact gun for under 200 is that safe? i just don't wan to messed up anything. i also want to be able to paint with it. anybody know the torque value for the gp sensor assy?

Don't use anything like that to put it back on.
Not air or electric.
Use a torque wrench to the proper torque. (68.5 foot pounds)
You can strip it and then you will have problems.

Last edited:
no, used a braker bar with the socket then got the tq wrench to make sure it was w/e the corrct amount needed was

The point is you can use a breaker bar (or ratchet) and a socket to get it off, but an impact is way easier, and quicker.
Use a torque wrench to put it back on.
Here is a list of torque values for all common bolts:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/main...3965-gen-1-list-torque-values-most-bolts.html

I can't find the torque for the GP sensor either.
It just says "Don't overtighten, the plastic case can break"
Use non permanent thread locker (blue) and just snug it down.

Last edited:
I HAVE 30 GAL UNIT AND I HAVE ALL SNAP-ON TOOLS AFTER BEING A TECH FOR TOYOTA AND HONDA FOR 25 YRS AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM REMOVING ANY BOLT AT ALL AND IF I DO I GET MY BAD BOY 1 INCH INPACT OUT AND THE BOLTS JUST FALL OFF:laugh:

Back